Im soon going to be the bassist in an electronica/ post hardcore band and i was just wonderin what bass pedals would b essential.
You never need a pedal, but most would benefit from an overdrive or mebbe a delay.

What you could do is pick up a secondhand multi fx relatively cheap, use that to figure out what you need, within the band, and then go about getting dedicated effects.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
You never need a pedal, but most would benefit from an overdrive or mebbe a delay.

What you could do is pick up a secondhand multi fx relatively cheap, use that to figure out what you need, within the band, and then go about getting dedicated effects.

that's what I would do. I have a digitech bp80, and it held me over for almost two years, especially because you can make your own effects. I no longer find the fuzz adequate, but it was great to get my feet wet in effects and it holds me over in a pinch.
which ones appeal to you?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You don't need any pedals until you're playing one day and you think "my bass sound needs to be more distorted/echoed/fatter/thinner/octaved/etc etc. Then you need a pedal, and you have to go to the shops and try out every pedal that produces that sound until you find the one you want.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.