Ok down to business - looking to slightly thinken up my tone, running LP into TS808, 10 band EQ straight into JCM800 50 watt high input, all as high gain as i can, the amp does not have FX loop, so i'm looking so mild reverb pedal to through in at the end of the chain to just add that bit of "hold" at the end of the line,

im looking into the nano holy grail (but i've heard EHX has QC issues) theres also Tech 21 Boost RVB, or TC electronics reverb... i prefer to keep it as low cost as possible, and not want to drag my amp to the store to see how the pedals react. please not i use a voodoo power supply so my hum issues are minimal if not 0 unless considering the TS....

Suggestions?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
If you can, look for a Malekko Spring Chicken, best reverb that doesn't have a gigantic spring tank inside it

But the Holy Grail sounds kinda lifeless to my ears, but i do like the Boost RVB by Tech 21.

If you can, spend what ever it costs for the Spring Chicken, it's discontinued and will be worth a fortune after some time
Well I have the regular HG, its a great pedal. Some people complain of noise issues but mines dead silent.

Superb pedal, ive never tried the nano, but it does everything from subtle to all out shoegaze great. They're supposed to be similar so I don't see why the nano would be any less cool.

Unfortunately unless your talking just a touch of reverb, putting it in front of your amp with a shizz load of gain is just going to distort the reverb and generally make it sound shit, like playing in a canyon full of bees.

I plan on getting the Tech 21 RVB at some point for some more tweakability. But unless you can get an effects loop installed into your amp, i'd probably stay at the lower end of the market for the time being. Go HG

^I head the Spring Chicken was only discontinued temporarily. And it should be back on the market soon, but yes, the SC should be great for what your after since you only want subtlety.
Last edited by beckyjc at Nov 13, 2009,
i thought the jcm800s had built in reverb...

...but on topic i think the holy grail sounds pretty good. not as good as tube-driven spring reverb, but better than most digitals.
the 800 i have is 2204 80's model clone PTP board, i installed a tube buffered fx loop into the other weekend, but it was too sensative because of the master volume.. or maybe i did it wrong, but once the volume got up past 1 the loop seemed to function right, but i can only pla above 1 for such a small period there was no need hmm.. looks like i'll need to find a store where i can return the pedal if it doesnt work or bring my amp in or something
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Quote by Professor Fate
the 800 i have is 2204 80's model clone PTP board, i installed a tube buffered fx loop into the other weekend, but it was too sensative because of the master volume.. or maybe i did it wrong, but once the volume got up past 1 the loop seemed to function right, but i can only pla above 1 for such a small period there was no need hmm.. looks like i'll need to find a store where i can return the pedal if it doesnt work or bring my amp in or something

DO NOT read HG reviews and apply to the Nano, I've heard they're completely different. I have not, however, heard much about why.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The Nano HG i had was silent no hiss........But would get muddy sounding on higher settings. I've got a T-Rex Tonebug now and it does make a Slight hiss when engaged. it's still the one of the best most Natural sounding reverbs i've heard.