How much time did it take you to learn? How much to perfect? And how many years had you been playing?

Do you think someone playing for 2.5-3 years of average skill level for that much playing time can pull it off?
What are the solos that you CAN play?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by B455GU174R
just try it, how can we know ^^

I have a decision to make, and I dont wanna be wasting hours and hours on this and not get anywhere.

Edit: To above: Paranoid is the latest one I got. I know this is in a completely different league.
Quote by luv090909
I have a decision to make, and I dont wanna be wasting hours and hours on this and not get anywhere.

Edit: To above: Paranoid is the latest one I got. I know this is in a completely different league.

you can never waste time while trying to play something
completely different league? maybe.

too difficult? nope. It's basically some chromatic stuff and fast iron-maiden licks thrown together.

It might take you a long time, but just practice.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Yeah dude, just split it up into chunks, then play the first few chunks you've learnt along with the solo, if your not getting it at all just come back to it once you've practiced the techniqes needed for the solo and if you are getting it carry on learning the rest. YOU CAN DO IT!
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Quote by B455GU174R
you can never waste time while trying to play something

A very inspiring sentence, thanks.

But ATM, Im just looking for honest answers.

Edit: Alright guys. Thanks a lot
I doesn't matter if you don't get the solo nailed COMPLETELY, but I'm sure you'll get some use for the chops you learn from it.

If/When you feel like you've stuck in a rut with the solo, play something else for a couple of weeks and come back to it.

You'll get it going.
Quote by nakki
I doesn't matter if you don't get the solo nailed COMPLETELY, but I'm sure you'll get some use for the chops you learn from it.

If/When you feel like you've stuck in a rut with the solo, play something else for a couple of weeks and come back to it.

You'll get it going.

This is what I wouldve usually done, but this is for a competition and I dont have much time to spare, even though the comp. is 2 months or something away.