Page 1 of 4
As the titles states, I was wondering if anyone here has opened for a big name band. Or has anyone here had a big gig that they've done.
My friend's band has opened for Born of Osiris, Whitechapel and a couple others. T'was cool.
As I always say: "Rawr"
16 shows for Molly Hatchet and or Blackfoot. They alternated as headliners.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
A local band here were with meshuggah if I remember correctly
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
My old band opened for Panic Cell in Exeter a while back.

Not sure if anyone's heard of them - I know they supported Skindred earlier this year.
signature
My friend's band opened for Goat*****, Kittie, Cephalic Carnage, and a bunch of other bands I'd rather not listen to. They broke up, though... so I'm stealing their drummer.
My band played an all dayer back home in Liverpool with a couple metal bands that are quite big in the UK, Annotations of an Autopsy (who suck btw) headlined, and Viatrophy (who are awesome, and are also really cool guys) played too. It was a pretty sweet day
A band around here opened for Hedley, which I wouldnt want to do, but is still pretty cool.
A local band i know and have seen a few times has opened for circa survive...
Was in one of 3 support bands for Short Warning when I was 14.
Was going to support Flood of Red and Lower Than Atlantis last month but they pulled out.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Jackal58
16 shows for Molly Hatchet and or Blackfoot. They alternated as headliners.

Really? Damn, that's pretty cool!

I never opened for a band, but I've played When The Children Cry at school with my band's singer just before a hypnotist came onstage and made a show. This was about three weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C6dUb4NxU4
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
My band opened up for Trivium's Into the Mouth of Hell We Tour this year, with Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, and Dirge Within. We were on a side-stage but awesome nonetheless
My friends dad opened for both the clash and u2.
That's neat.
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
A good friend of mine opened up for Status Quo.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by lutfish
My friends dad opened for both the clash and u2.
That's neat.

What band was your friends dad playing in?
Last edited by Maximum._.Power at Nov 13, 2009,
one of my friends opened for all shall perish

a different friend has opened for seven witches, abigail williams, and will soon be opening for the faceless and dying fetus.
Go Veg.
A good friend of mine opened up for Status Quo.

yeahh, neversed

my old band supported them, as well as a few well known bands from the uk scene atm, bury tomorrow, mexico falls, ghosts on pegasus bridge, many things untold, fei comodo, tripswitch and were going to support you me at 6, but the arrangement fell through when the gig turned out to be over 6 hours from where we live, and 2 of us were in cyprus.
Quote by im not mental
one of my friends opened for all shall perish

a different friend has opened for seven witches, abigail williams, and will soon be opening for the faceless and dying fetus.

DNA Lounge December 13th?

YEAH!

Not me, but I know Paul Ryan from Origin, and he toured with a ton of other huge bands. Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, Ensiferum. Origin is the godliest band ever.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Maximum._.Power
What band was your friends dad playing in?

Uh, can't remember. This was in the 80's I think..
Gear:
Some sort of guitar, of some sort.
Another one
Big amp
Small amp
A pedal
A pedal again
Some kind of box that goes into the computer.. Haven't figured out its function yet.
Quote by lutfish
Uh, can't remember. This was in the 80's I think..

Then my dad has probably seen him since he has seen both the clash and u2 in Sweden
Once opened for Within Temptation, not really my band though just covered for a friend
My friend's band opened for Devil Wears Prada and August Burns Red and other bands that i can't remember but i was told were well known.
ED REED BABY
My old punk band opened for Mental Hygiene if anyone has ever heard of them. pretty cool
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yay somebody got it!!!

Thats what i get for owning all four seasons of futurama!

Quote by Zero-Hartman
She's a fucking vampire! Hit that shit with a stake.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I opened for the Beatles once back in the 30s.

That's when they called themselves the Roaches wasn't it?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
haven't opened for a big band but we played at the local concert hall in October, and bloc party were scheduled to play the next day and wanted to set up the stage for themselves so our band told them to go screw themselves not realising who they were :L.

thats our only run in with a rather large or well known band
Groups
I Stay Up All Night Practicing
Top Gear Lovers

Quote by Century
...has broken his g-string fingering a minor

Gear
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Marshall 1975 Plexi 4x12
Blackstar HT-Dual
the highest band ive opened for is a locally known band around here called beneath the empire
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
My band has opened for Valient Thorr (not sure how well known they are) and Blaze Bailey (former Iron Maiden singer, during the time when Bruce Dickinson was on a break), and were supposed to open for Firewind last year but their label decided not to use any local support in the end... b@$tards, not least because Firewind are a favourite band of mine and it would have been a dream come true to share a stage with them!

Also played a festival for my uni with a few semi-famous (at least locally) bands: Gundogs, The Chairmen and some other lesser known ones.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Nov 13, 2009,
Dream Theater opened for me
Cool time
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

My friend and I jammed with Cliff from Fair To Midland at an Open Mic once.
Does that count?
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
I'm not in a band, so no.

My friend's band (unfortunately) had to open for August Burns Red. I'm pretty sure they're decently well known.
A friend of mine opened for Intense (UK)

... ok they're not big, actually they know their fanbase by name but that's not the point. Or maybe it is? Or maybe I don't care.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
dis 1 tym i opened for th beetils lololololololololol.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Page 1 of 4