I will buy my first electric guitar soon, and i'm not sure wich guitar is best choice: Ibanez grgr121ex, grg170dx or a jack&danny ls goth. I want a guitar capable to play hard rock(skid row, guns n roses, warrant), metal(A7X, slipknot,limp bizkit, Iron Maiden, etc), punk(Good Charlote, ramones, ofspring, rancid) and don't sound bad playing in clean tones like blues or soft rock (Dire straits, pink floyd).
For the amp i'm not sure about cube 20x or spider4 15 because de roland is a bit expencive and i'm not sure if is so diferente for be more expencive and if it fits on my musics likes.

Sorry if it is in bad english, but help me plzzzz...

i don't have many money so take it cheap
Last edited by gdtx69 at Nov 14, 2009,
first of all good charlotte isn't punk

but on topic i would say try out a bunch of guitars because no matter what people say its all up to what feels comfortable to you.
Quote by JayLacelle

but on topic i would say try out a bunch of guitars because no matter what people say its all up to what feels comfortable to you.

Who says 09ers don't know why they're doing on UG
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Get something by Gibson; they can do pretty much anything. I'm Les Paul fan myself, even though I play an Ibanez.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by JayLacelle

This.

Also, don't get a Fender starter amp; if you have to get a small SS practice amp, get a Roland Cube or MicroCube, or a Peavey Vypyr.
Quote by imicius
This.

Also, don't get a Fender starter amp; if you have to get a small SS practice amp, get a Roland Cube or MicroCube, or a Peavey Vypyr.

I don't regret getting my Peavey Vypyr 15W in the slightest.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Get something by Gibson; they can do pretty much anything. I'm Les Paul fan myself, even though I play an Ibanez.

Yes, because considering his budget (looking at GRGs) he should definately get a Gibson

TS, don´t listen to him. Go to your local shop and play some guitars. See what feels, sounds and looks best to you and buy that guitar.
my first electric was the grg170DX and it worked fine for me. just don't use the whammy bar and you'll be fine with it.

don't forget to try out a variety of guitars before you buy though.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Oh, on another note, if you find a guitar that you really like but is out of your price range, look on eBay for as long as you can stand; my first guitar would have cost $1,000+ new, but I got it for $200 thanks to eBay.
after looking at the title I was thinking that TS bought a diminished guitar.

I am dissapoint.

On topic: of those two amps I'd go for the cube, but also look at the peavey Vypyr and Vox Valvetronix (though it might lack on the metal departement).

Guitar wise, just see which feels best in your hands.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Nov 13, 2009,
Vox AD30VT-XL is the metal version. I got one used for $180 and its barely been played at all. In canada the peavey pypyr 15 would have cost me $160, so for 20 more I think I got a good deal and it can do a huge range of tones.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by gdtx69
I will buy my first electric guitar soon, and i'm not sure wich guitar is best choice: Ibanez grgr121ex, grg170dx or a jack&danny ls goth. I want a guitar capable to play hard rock(skid row, guns n roses, warrant), metal(A7X, slipknot,limp bizkit, Iron Maiden, etc), punk(Good Charlote, ramones, ofspring, rancid) and don't sound bad playing in clean tones like blues or soft rock (Dire straits, pink floyd).
For the amp i'm not sure about cube 20x or spider4 15 because de roland is a bit expencive and i'm not sure if is so diferente for be more expencive and if it fits on my musics likes.

Sorry if it is in bad english, but help me plzzzz...

These bands are not of the specified genre.

Also, guitar's don't make your sound. Play all 3 and get the one which you like the most (feels best in your hands, etc)

If the 20x is too expensive, then get a mini cube. Spiders suck dick.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
spiders really arent THAT bad, theyre bad, but for a begginer who wants different tones and sounds wont really ba able to have an ear for tube/cheap ss.

get of the band wagon... NAO.

but the amp does matter more than the guitar, i suggest the cube though, it has great sound for a small cheap ss amp
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Strong confusion of what genre is what with the OP.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
The OP is actually correct with the exception of limp bizkit, which is pop punk, just as good charlotte is.

Anyway, ignore the fool who suggested against a fender amp, and get a fender champ XD, as well as an Ibanez RG if you end up liking it after trying it. It's one of the best guitars for the price range assuming you lean more towards rock and jazz then blues and funk. You'll be able to get whatever metal tones you want as well as a perfect tube tone for hard rock.
Quote by westdyolf
spiders really arent THAT bad, theyre bad, but for a begginer who wants different tones and sounds wont really ba able to have an ear for tube/cheap ss.

They are bad when you can get either a Vox Valvetronix or Roland Cube, both of which are superior amps and sell at a lower price.

Anyway I say go for a second hand guitar, just find one which feels good in your hands, something you're comfortable with
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Wolfinator-x

I'm not rich
Quote by Plexi81
The OP is actually correct with the exception of limp bizkit, which is pop punk, just as good charlotte is.

Anyway, ignore the fool who suggested against a fender amp, and get a fender champ XD, as well as an Ibanez RG if you end up liking it after trying it. It's one of the best guitars for the price range assuming you lean more towards rock and jazz then blues and funk. You'll be able to get whatever metal tones you want as well as a perfect tube tone for hard rock.

no.

just..... no.

IF we're going genre-whoring anyway, A7X goes in the hardrock tidbit, limp bizkit and slipknot go into nu-metal (shutup) and pink floyd is prog.

Oh and the offspring goes into punkrock/poppunk and same for good charlotte.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by westdyolf

but the amp does matter more than the guitar, i suggest the cube though, it has great sound for a small cheap ss amp

I played one just yesterday, dude, Spiders are freakin' bad.

Okay lemme tell you why:

The distortion is not real distortion. It literally is fake, synthetic distortion. That means that it doesn't add sustain, it doesn't particularly cause an increase in volume, it doesn't do all the things you expect distortion to do. I suspect that it's digitally added in via a synthesizer rather than caused the normal way. I played the insane channel with the gain at 5, and it sounded like I was playing a telecaster through a slashed speaker. The amp has no body, no presence, it's muddy, it's just all around bad. Terribad. Its only redeeming qualities are its cool looking knobs.

The Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr, and Vox AD series are all worlds better. I rather enjoy the Vypyr, it's got pretty good tones to my ears.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.