Hi UG.

So, I figured this topic would suit going here as its not really about guitars, but more myself.
After playing for 11 years, I've realised (quite late) that my technique is very sloppy, and have decided to buy a metronome to get me sorted.
However, I'm trying the simplest exercises (G major scale, for example) at around 60bpm, and I'm STILL messing it up.
It's now turning into frustration, and its now a struggle for me to get in the mood of playing.
Has anybody had experience with this, and advice on how to get me motivated?
Much appreciated.
Tom.
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
So you're 16-18yr and been playing for 11yr's??

I say Blame you're parents..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Just focus very intently on your playing and go as slow as you need to to play fluently. I had a similar problem but once I started really focusing it went away after a few months.
I know you didn't at all mention what type of music you listen to, but maybe you need to start listening to a new style to get you motivated to clean up your playing?
MATTERHORN
Quote by Scotsman24`
don't get discouraged, just keep going, you'll see improvement soon enough.

Thanks. It's very aggrivating at the mo!

Quote by Nexium
So you're 16-18yr and been playing for 11yr's??

I say Blame you're parents..

Haha yeah, started early, classical guitar.
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
id say just play it at a speed you cant **** it up at then take baby steps getting faster.

to make it less boring mix it up abit play different stuff like one day blues stuff the next classical then rock?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Get off the pit and back to practicing nao!

...but seriously, playing scales fast is good for technique but far from inspiring. Listen to some music than inspired you to love the guitar or watch a performance of one of your favorite musicians. That always gets me in the mood to learn new songs or practice a few that I know.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Relax. It's one of the most important things you can do. You'll NEVER be able to meet your goals and play cleanly with tense muscles, and you're likely to damage them by attempting.

Play a note as you normally would. Then fret the note so that you're using the least amount of energy and muscle tensing to hold it down while still being able to produce a clear note. Odds are you let off a fair amount of tension the second time you played the note. You need to get used to playing that way all the time. Same goes for the right hand, you should make the smallest motions with the least amount of tension possible while still cleanly picking the string.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT