Page 1 of 5
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/942

"Over the past several years, it appeared that our society was doomed to succumb to what Weather Channel founder John Coleman has described as "the greatest scam in history": anthropogenic (human-caused) global warming (AGW). For two decades there has been an incessant drumbeat of propaganda attributing every weather-related event to an increase in carbon dioxide caused by the burning of fossil fuels. With the election of a president who is solidly in the global-warming-alarmist camp — and with many high-level appointees who are bona fide climate-change alarmists — coupled with a Democratic legislature anxious to please their environmentalist and media benefactors, the passage of legislation causing some form of economy-crippling energy taxation seemed to be a foregone conclusion."

"Satellite data from NASA shows no increase in average global temperature since 1998, a year when El Niño caused a worldwide spike having nothing to do with carbon dioxide. Alarmists contend this is just a pause in a continuous rise in temperatures and that it will begin to increase again. Ironically that is the same argument that the warming skeptics have been using for years. There was warming for the first 40 years of the 20th century — until the very time CO2 began to climb significantly — and then came cooling, which sparked concerns in the '70s about a looming Ice Age. Then rising temperatures resumed until 1998 and now we're back on a cooling trend. This fits well with a general planetary warm up, but is in conflict with climate forcing by CO2 that calls for a continuous upward temperature movement."

all this = one big WTF

i go to college where people teach and preach al gores science if you can call it that like a religion. when i try to explain to people how Co2 isnt contributing to climate change they stare at me funny and say "well do you know when cows fart they theres more Co2 in the planet".

i personally think we should save the enviorment, i like to think im an activist when it comes to that. but we have to come to the realization that yes as a people we **** up the planet alot, but Co2 or man for that matter isnt the culprit behing "global warming".

does anyone agree.
Last edited by ilovehotpuz at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by Mudmen190
The environment is fine.
chuggah chuggah chuggah chuggah CHOO-CHOO!!!

This
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
for all of you out their that think global warming means warming of the earth you are all idiouts and dont research the topic
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
in a way if this is true Al-gore isnt a champion of enviornmentalism.

hes just a fraud who is trying to make people stupid trough science into taxing an element as prevelent as Carbon as stupid as that might seem to become a rich mother ****er.
Who gives a **** if the planet ISN'T getting warmer, there's still a bunch of terrible pollutants and shit in the air that ARE doing damage. Why blame Al Gore for trying to get people to live cleaner?

Oh wait, I forgot, American's don't know how to be clean.
Quote by Cat Of Pain
Bob, you're my hero.

Quote by borntorock2112
If drugs were PP points, I'd be using struggle.

Quote by illuminatiano

YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
Quote by joey arce
for all of you out their that think global warming means warming of the earth you are all idiouts and dont research the topic
*idiots.

Okay genius,
if global warming doesn't mean warming of the earth, what does it mean?

EDIT:
lol @ banned TS.
I have to wonder if he was banned for multiple reasons.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Nov 13, 2009,
what the Carbon dioxide is doing is increasing the energy in the atmosphere. If you do track severity of weather I am sure your have noticed some change. You guys are right that it isn't just CO2 it is a everything we polute are air with, so all those prius drivers out their you are pretty shitty for our enviroment too.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
I'm not sure if that article is a reliable source to base your claim that AGW doesn't exist on... For one, it's using the public opinion as an argument in trying to prove that AGW isn't real. In other words, they're saying "we let the people vote, and the majority said that they believe AGW doesn't exist, so it doesn't".

Furthermore, I'd like to see the data they used to construct their arguments on. I'm pretty sceptical about the validity of those data.
never believed it was caused by humans anyway.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by joey arce
what the Carbon dioxide is doing is increasing the energy in the atmosphere. If you do track severity of weather I am sure your have noticed some change. You guys are right that it isn't just CO2 it is a everything we polute are air with, so all those prius drivers out their you are pretty shitty for our enviroment too.
I'd reply to that, but posting the pear is a bannable offense.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
If you ever listened to an actual scientist talk about it, they will state that "global warming" is an awful name for what is actually happening.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Somebody listens to a little too much glenn beck. Way to put a link up to a website called the warmamerican.com, I'm sure this site isn't biased at all. Were clearly having effects on the earth due to global warming, there isn't even a split about it in the scientific community, over 90% of the renouned scientists in the world realize that global warming is going to effect us in the near future, it's too bad that gullible people such as yourself will get brainwashed by Shawn Hannedy to ignore it because their political stance says that is what all conservatives are supposed to believe. Just give it about 10-20 more years, the elderly ignorant people will slowly die off and a more educated youth will start ridding are society of ignorant ideas like this that make us look like retards globally.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'd reply to that, but posting the pear is a bannable offense.

He's right, actually.
Quote by joey arce
If you ever listened to an actual scientist talk about it, they will state that "global warming" is an awful name for what is actually happening.

Dude. Just say it. Climate change.
MATTERHORN
Scientific fact - the Earth IS warming.

The debate is around the cause of said warming. It's quite disgusting that many folk are using this uncertainty as an excuse to continue polluting, destroying environments and raping the planet in the most horrifically exploitative way imaginable. Isn't it quite obvious that we should change our ways quite apart from arguments over the origin of global warming? Or are we that baselessly selfish that we'll simply say I'm Alright Jack and pull up the ladder?

It really does make me somewhat irritated.
Quote by joey arce

your calling us idiots and you can't even spell the word.
Quote by Mudmen190
The environment is fine.
chuggah chuggah chuggah chuggah CHOO-CHOO!!!

To the Temple of the Banana king!

?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

I agree that it may not be caused by humans. It may be natural, we may have accelerated it, who knows, but something is happening and just because the average temp doesn't change doesn't mean that chaotic weather hasn't
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Dude. Just say it. Climate change.

climates always changing, look at history, the argument is CO2 which is an insulating gas, causes the earth to be warmer, so in other words global warming, if CO2 increases, and it insulates heat, then it makes no sense for global climate change to include lowering temperature areas, its like a scientist just changing the name to back his argument, it makes no logical sense, yet people buy into the oh today was colder then normal, CLIMATE CHANGE!
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
obviously a right wing paper, but it's a well written article,

the only people that really understand what is happening are climatologists, I shall run away to investigate this.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
He's right, actually.
Nope.

That's the most twisted inaccurate way that could possibly be stated. I fully understand the process and what he's attempting to say. But CO2 by itself does NOT "increase the energy in the atmosphere".
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
al gore's carbon footprint is around 20. the average american's carbon footprint is 5-7. al gore is a piece of shit. global warming is a hoax
If it is truly caused by humans, why didn't we all die 100 odd years ago when much of the western world was pumping out vast amounts of much less clean pollutants than we are today.
Im not saying its right to pollute, it has many more devastating effects other than this, but its not just solely humans, we're contributing but tbf i think the fact that geologically we've only just come out of ice age could also make a difference tbh.

Just live as you should live, turn stuff off and don't waste electricity, even if you don't believe in climate change or don't think humans are doing it, you'll be saving money anyway. I don't understand people who objectively waste because they don't believe in climate change, thats like slashing your own tires so someone can't steal it.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
it makes no sense for global climate change to include lowering temperature areas, its like a scientist just changing the name to back his argument, it makes no logical sense, yet people buy into the oh today was colder then normal, CLIMATE CHANGE!

Why are you talking about this?
MATTERHORN
Quote by Kumanji

The debate is around the cause of said warming. It's quite disgusting that many folk are using this uncertainty as an excuse to continue polluting, destroying environments and raping the planet in the most horrifically exploitative way imaginable. Isn't it quite obvious that we should change our ways quite apart from arguments over the origin of global warming? Or are we that baselessly selfish that we'll simply say I'm Alright Jack and pull up the ladder?

It really does make me somewhat irritated.

Theres quite a large amount of incredibly stuck up 'car people' who think clarkson is the greatest man on earth and because of this they believe global warming is a lie since they know if they look at the evidence they'll have no good reason to be stuck up 'car people' anymore. This is a badly worded post but its been a long day, im sure you know what im on about
All I know for certain about Anthropogenic Global Warming is that it's damn near made Al Gore a dollar billionaire. This is enough to make me distrust him.
That article was quite an interesting read. I'm still kind of on the fence, but it raised some interesting points. Just not sure how trust-worthy the source is.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Nope.

That's the most twisted inaccurate way that could possibly be stated. I fully understand the process and what he's attempting to say. But CO2 by itself does NOT "increase the energy in the atmosphere".

It does. But I think that you're both talking about the exact same process, just in different terms...

To verify that, care to explain to me in your own words what you think "global warming" or the "climate change" is?
Quote by Todd Hart
If it is truly caused by humans, why didn't we all die 100 odd years ago when much of the western world was pumping out vast amounts of much less clean pollutants than we are today.

Actually we're emitting many hundreds of times globally what we did in the nineteenth/early twentieth centuries.

Quote by MightyAl
All I know for certain about Anthropogenic Global Warming is that it's damn near made Al Gore a dollar billionaire. This is enough to make me distrust him.

Nasty people sometimes cynically exploit good movements. It's not as if Big Al is the only man with any knowledge of the situation whatsoever. I think the other 97% of the scientific community is enough to outweigh some failed politician-turned-pundit.
Last edited by Kumanji at Nov 13, 2009,
Look at the rest of that website. The New American seems like the type of news outlet that doesn't "report news" so much as "confirm the preconceived notions of its target market," in this case, conservatives.

I Wikied The New American and got its publisher: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society
Sounds like a neutral, credible source to me.

Why do people in this supposed age of modern thought still treat science like a political issue? Some future generation will look back on us and say, "Really? Why was that even an issue?"
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
It's worth mentioning that it isn't just Al Gore who's speaking about global warming you know ¬_¬ People seem to be trying to say 'Well, al gore got something wrong so global warming dosnt happen!' Bullshit. I don't care about what al gore is saying , i'd prefer to listen to scientific evidence.
Quote by Kumanji
Actually we're emitting many hundreds of times globally what we did in the nineteenth/early twentieth centuries.

This is true. But it's population growth that's driving this.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
climates always changing, look at history

This quote is true. You think the dinosaurs lived under the same atmosphere we do? They naturally had hardly any oxygen in their atmosphere, lots of carbon, etc. Climate change has been happening for billions of years - the planet started off as a molten hot mass, then water came, signaling a cooling, volcanic events, heat, etc.

Humans are not to blame for climate change, it has been happening for millenia before the human species was even in its infancy. It is wholly arrogant to state that all that happens to the Earth is down to humans. Cows are much more responsible than Americans (or anyone else). Carbon dioxide isn't even one of the worst gases for the atmosphere. Methane (thanks, cows) is much worse.

Oooh, but all these scientists...so? Plenty disagree. They all work for oil companies...Yeah, and who funds the scientists that support global warming? The people that profit from it and those who would look stupid if their researcher's conclusions did not match what they have been PREACHING. Just because global warming & climate change are the current buzz words for everybody who likes to place themselves above 4x4 drivers and oil barrens does not make it scientifically correct.

General consensus was that the Earth was flat. About 99% of the world's population believed this to be true. But it's not. Science was tailored to 'prove' that it was, but..once again, not the case.

'Experts' might say that climate change is happening. It probably is! But when people start blaming humans, you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Like I said, climate change has been PROVEN (through ice records, fossils, meteors, etc) to have been happening BEFORE the human race existed. Certainly before we started using oil, coal, etc.
Quote by Kumanji

It really does make me absolutely furious.

Now I agree with you sir
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 5