Recently, a guy came in to do some anti-virus work on our computer, now I don't know what he was trying to do but now there is no sound coming out of the speakers.

I went to Control Panel-Sounds and Audio devices and it said that the default audio device was this USB phone that we have. It didn't say anything about the external speakers that were working perfectly before.

I unplugged the USB phone and now the computer doesn't seem to recognize or acknowledge any audio devices.

What's going on?

Thanks in advance.
Whose idea was it to ruin the delicious combination of peanut butter and jelly by adding bread?

You've been trolled.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

You've been Punk'd, brah!
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
They are plugged in.
Whose idea was it to ruin the delicious combination of peanut butter and jelly by adding bread?

are you using a mac or windows computer?

Deadit: nvm. considering you said Control Panel, i'll assume windows
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Nov 13, 2009,
Control Panel > Add (New) Hardware.

See if it recognsises it or finds anything.
That's a really vague problem for people on an internet forum to troubleshoot...

You could check the speaker manufacturer's website and see if they have some drivers you could download. Does the computer have a sound card, and if so have you checked device manager to verify it's working properly?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Check and see if you're audio drivers are installed...if not, go to Realtek.com and download and install an audio driver and reboot the pc...
My Gear
Modified BC Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
Stagg Acoustic/Electric
Epiphone SG Special(currently being modified)
Line 6 Spider II 120 Watt 4x12 Combo
Boss Overdrive
I already tried all that. It says that it's installed, but that it's not working, I tried updating the driver and nothing happened.

EDIT: to Mozart, I'll try redownloading it. good idea.

You need to download a new sound driver, chances are it's the Realtek '97

Here's the link:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it! BUT I HAS TEH DOWNLOAD!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Frrrrrrunkis! (I immediately thought this thread had something to do with that...)
21% downloaded. Hopefully this'll work.

Thanks to everyone who was trying to help.

update driver.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Computer FFFFFFFFFFFFRED.

See what I did there?

Reminds me of that user who got insulted all the time. He would then say something like: 'dude jst get out of ma fred'

Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23