okay so i heres the deal. i need a new amp. my rumble 15's okay... for beginners. its been a year now, and i definitly have gotten better since then. so i need a new amp. The behringer bxl3000 to be exact. ive read reviews and such, and im interested. but i want to hear it from my fellow bass players out there. or here. either way.
*Waits for this thread to turn into a compendium of horror stories about Behringers*

But seriously, the only piece of Behringer equipment I've come across (either mine or my friends/bandmates) that has survived more then a year is my pedal. You don't want to know what happened to the amps . . .
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
at least my amp became useful, as my useless coins and nails fit effectively in the speaker.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
at least my amp became useful, as my useless coins and nails fit effectively in the speaker.
LOL!

That said, Behringer is bad bad bad. Do you see any professional musicians using Behringer amp heads/cabinets/combos? Any of them?

There's a reason...

Anyway, what's your budget?
Quote by Steve08
LOL!

That said, Behringer is bad bad bad. Do you see any professional musicians using Behringer amp heads/cabinets/combos? Any of them?

There's a reason...

I actually saw a giggin bluegrass band from america, come over here for an "apparently" famous bluegrass festival and she was using a behringer combo, looked like a small one, mebbe a 10" or 12" inch speaker (miced up obviously)
Behringer is rubbish. Nothing but trouble. Bad tone, bad build quality, and bad reliability. If you see one headed your way, run for your life. Believe me, you can do better...much better.
Well its good if you don't care about your tone and you don't expect it to be as powerful as it seems.

So basically if you want a loudish noise that doesn't cost you much, it may well be for you!

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
Well its good if you don't care about your tone and you don't expect it to be as powerful as it seems.

So basically if you want a loudish noise that doesn't cost you much, it may well be for you!

and one that will stop working by 12 months
Dick+strings= owww
I'd suggest the Acoustic B200. It's 100 watts less (not considering Behringers' tendency to be overrated for power) and $50 more, but it's definitely going to be much more worth your money.

And if you insist on having 300 watts with the same budget, by all means stay away from Behringer. I'd go with a used Ampeg, Ashdown, or a Fender. There are other good brands, but these are the only ones I've had experience with.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by Steve08
LOL!

There's a reason...

The bass player from The Creepshow was running his Double through a BXL3000 head with some cab, don't know if that's what he's still doing but he sounded great.
Maybe I've got lucky with my behringers or something, I've had my BX300 for about 4 years now and never had a single problem with it, sounds fine for a $170 practise amp as well.
I gig with a friends BXL3000 stack and honestly it's fine for a budget gigging amp, granted you could probably do better if you went second hand with some decent EQ'ing it's not bad at all.

EDIT: Acoustic don't have an artists page and I don't think I've heard of any pro's using them but they're recommended alot on these forums so that card doesn't really work...
Last edited by consecutive e at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by obeythepenguin
That's because nobody famous ever used them. Come on, even I know that

That was a looong time ago, may as well be a different company now, they went bust in the '80's, then made P.As for a bit then started up again in '07 making budget amps.
Quote by consecutive e
That was a looong time ago, may as well be a different company now, they went bust in the '80's, then made P.As for a bit then started up again in '07 making budget amps.

Actually, what caused Acoustic to tank was that its master tone guru and creative genius Steve W. Rabe left to form SWR Amplifiers. He moved to Raven Labs, but unfortunately for everyone he began a well-deserved and hard-earned retirement in 2005.

It remains to be seen if the new Acoustic amplifiers can attract any pros to their banner. They haven't been available for very long (by market standards, at least). Somebody needs to work on their website ASAP.
Quote by obeythepenguin
They're basically Guitar Center's house brand now, right?

I thought that was Line 6?
They sound fairly good IMO, and their loud enough. Ive done alot of jamming with fiends and band practises through a bx1800. It did the job, nothing amazing, nothing bad.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i have a behringer combo amp i got almost 4 years ago and it is very loud and the tone is so-so but i can say that it has never failed meand for the price i paid i wouldent take anything else.(brand new price to brand new price) the carpet also is all there and it smells nice something i would not expect after 4 years of giging with it.

behringer does not make the best stuff on the market however at it's price it is hard to beat. definently try before you buy to see if you are satisfied with the sound and keep looking at the used market for similer/better stuff for about the same price if you cant find anything go ahead and get it.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Steve08
LOL!

There's a reason...

between 200 and 300.
Quote by Emergancy Exit
i have a behringer combo amp i got almost 4 years ago and it is very loud and the tone is so-so but i can say that it has never failed meand for the price i paid i wouldent take anything else.(brand new price to brand new price) the carpet also is all there and it smells nice something i would not expect after 4 years of giging with it.

behringer does not make the best stuff on the market however at it's price it is hard to beat. definently try before you buy to see if you are satisfied with the sound and keep looking at the used market for similer/better stuff for about the same price if you cant find anything go ahead and get it.

thanks dude. anyone have any amps in mind? specifically around 200-300 bucks?
Quote by Tostitos
*Waits for this thread to turn into a compendium of horror stories about Behringers*

But seriously, the only piece of Behringer equipment I've come across (either mine or my friends/bandmates) that has survived more then a year is my pedal. You don't want to know what happened to the amps . . .

yeah, thats why i didnt want to ask.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Hey guys, I know you all like it, but the B200 has been dethroned by the Peavey TKO. Same price, double the wattage, better build quality, and better features.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Tour-TKO-115-400W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=582111

I played one of those (or at least something extremely close) at a guitar convention in Dallas. It didn't really sound like quite 400 watts, but it was pretty nice.

But yeah, avoid Behringer. Advertising peak wattage instead of RMS, reliabilty issues, and mediocre sound does not make for a trustworthy company.
Isn't there someone that has a quote from Delirium that says 'Every time you plug in a Behringer, God causes a natural disaster.' ?