Page 1 of 2
Ok i was just reading an article on MCR and i thought they were once a good band and now they are crap!! I loved the 1st 2 albums but the third was just... ughh.

Anyways i also realised the same thing has happened to Muse. they had a great 1st two albums and them BOOM... They fell into the hands of shit music lovers.

Suppose you could say GnR (if u still class it as the same band and not just another band under GnR's name)

So i was wondering about all the other bands that were once great but turned crap. In your opinion of course.

Care to share?!
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
Popular does not equal bad.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Oasis to some extent, songs become alot less radio friendly but fans enjoyed them more than the earlier ones.
green day, linkin park, limp bizkit
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Boston.

First 2 albums were great. The rest weren't.
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by gary666

Anyways i also realised the same thing has happened to Muse. they had a great 1st two albums and them BOOM... They fell into the hands of shit music lovers.

Anyway, The Living End and Breaking Benjamin, both produced some AMAZING stuff, then suddenly halfway though their carears then they suddenly got really shit.

Anyone else agree?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by eldanny

Anyway, The Living End and Breaking Benjamin, both produced some AMAZING stuff, then suddenly halfway though their carears then they suddenly got really shit.

Anyone else agree?

i would disagree there with The Living End, theyve lost some of their rockabilly edge, but they are still producing good stuff
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Most people probably wouldn't agree, but I wish Coheed & Cambria stuck with the first album's sound. Or at least the proggy feel Good Apollo 1 had. I never got into No World For Tomorrow.
Nikolas
Metallica lololololol.

Iron maiden, new stuff it's just...bleh, the only good album (of the newest albums) is dance of death.

I agree with muse, first albums were great, the new one it's pretty boring.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by gary666
Ok i was just reading an article on MCR and i thought they were once a good band and now they are crap!! I loved the 1st 2 albums but the third was just... ughh.

The Black Parade was awesome, the first two albums sucked and were boring as all hell, verging on just plain annoying.

Black Holes and Revelations is easily one of the best albums they've ever made, almost up there with Origin, Absolution was total win, and The Resistance wasn't THAT bad, Exogenisis as a single track is one of the greatest songs they've ever made.

Suppose you could say GnR (if u still class it as the same band and not just another band under GnR's name)

Chinese Democracy = Awesome on epic levels.

But I guess you could say this about Weezer.

Weezer blows nowadays.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Nov 13, 2009,
wtf
you think muse went bad between origin of symmetry and absolution? wisen up.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by magnum1117
Metallica lololololol.

Iron maiden, new stuff it's just...bleh, the only good album (of the newest albums) is dance of death.

I agree with muse, first albums were great, the new one it's pretty boring.

agreed, hetfields voice is shite these days! imo they havent done anything good since the black album, which was over half of their career ago!!!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
I The Black Parade.

Was listening to it earlier, actually. Anyway, Cryptopsy were pretty killer until they became a mediocre deathcore band.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by eldanny

Anyone else agree?

I love Breaking Benjamin, I lsitenened to there new album the other day, and it was sick.

Also, about MCR, I've always like Gerard Wayes voice.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
just because muse new album wasnt all that great doesnt mean they have gone bad, and i disagree about the first two albums being the best, i really like absolution, probably my favourite album
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
Quote by biga29
I love Breaking Benjamin, I lsitenened to there new album the other day, and it was sick.

But is it anywere close to being as amazing as Saturate or We Are Not Alone?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
i would just say metallica. newer stuff is bleh...speaking of which, saw them on the death magnetic tour last night. IT WAS EPIC!!!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by magnum1117
I think that Iron Maiden's first album was great, then everything that followed sounded the same.
The Kings Of Leon are really not too great any more.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
i was gonna say coldplay but knowing im on UG i refrained. hopefully i don't have to fear for my life now.....
Quote by jamiels
i was gonna say coldplay but knowing im on UG i refrained. hopefully i don't have to fear for my life now.....

Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends = Epic Win

Don't know what YOU'RE talking about.
Quote by crazy8rgood

YEAHHHH. "Violet Hill" should've got more airplay. I hate the title track.
Quote by Hereiwas
Eh, I think they're still good, those new songs really get on my tits now.
Quote by CTFOD
I The Black Parade.

Was listening to it earlier, actually. Anyway, Cryptopsy were pretty killer until they became a mediocre deathcore band.

I enjoy MCR too.

Except The Black Parade was awful. Cryptopsy is dead on..sadly
Quote by ctb
YEAHHHH. "Violet Hill" should've got more airplay. I hate the title track. :mad

I love the title track. It's an all around great album, at least in my opinion.
Quote by crazy8rgood

X&Y was pretty good. I think Coldplay are under-rated as one of those "depressing pop-rock British bands" that everyone looks down upon... Then why do they sell out arenas across the world then?
Quote by severed-metal
I enjoy MCR too.

Except The Black Parade was awful. Cryptopsy is dead on..sadly

Also, the song they did for Watchmen was great, it would be awesome if the new album followed in the same style.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by crazy8rgood

This.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Hereiwas
I disagree. I do agree that they would be better if they would bring back the blues influence, but I feel like Only by the Night is their most musically matured album. Maybe not their best stylistically speaking, but I feel like they worked out their imperfections. You can't deny that Caleb has gotten a lot better at singing.

After saying all of that, I'd have to say Because of the Times was my favorite album. I like every song on Only by the Night, but Because of the Times has some of my favorites.

As for my contribution to this thread, I'd have to say Green Day. I was never really a fan of them, but god, they're awful now.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Nov 13, 2009,
I feel like this thread is totally pointless, music is so subjective (as seen by the responses already) that there are an extremely small amount of bands that the Pit can agree upon going bad.

For me, I'd have to say... nah, I can't actually think of any at the moment

MushroomEDIT: Of course, as the OP so sneakingly stealth-edited in (unless I'm just really bad at reading OPs), it's all 'in our opinions'.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by food1010
You can't deny that Caleb has gotten a lot better at singing.

And a lot better looking

(OHGODIAMAGUYANDIJUSTSAIDTHAT)

At least they all dont look like hillibillies anymore... I agree though, I've got only their first and last album and the difference is amazing.
Quote by MushroomBomb
I feel like this thread is totally pointless, music is so subjective (as seen by the responses already) that there are an extremely small amount of bands that the Pit can agree upon going bad.

True. But, there's no sense in saying "Well you can't say this band is bad, because music is completely subjective. If I like this band, then they are good." Let's face it, most people know nothing about music, and wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the face.

Quote by Moggan13
And a lot better looking

(OHGODIAMAGUYANDIJUSTSAIDTHAT)

At least they all dont look like hillibillies anymore... I agree though, I've got only their first and last album and the difference is amazing.
Eh, I'd almost rather them look like hillbillies than the kind of clothes they wear now. But hey, I like their music, so I'm not going to complain.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by MushroomBomb

Well then good thing this thread isn't about agreeing upon which bands have gone to shit!
MATTERHORN
Quote by food1010
I disagree. I do agree that they would be better if they would bring back the blues influence, but I feel like Only by the Night is their most musically matured album. Maybe not their best stylistically speaking, but I feel like they worked out their imperfections. You can't deny that Caleb has gotten a lot better at singing.

Really? I think it sounds more "complicated" or whatever, but I wouldn't really consider it a more mature album than everything else, just a drastic change in sound.

meh, his voice still sounds pretty strained to me, and I think it fits better in the garage sound. But I do see what you mean.

Along with not liking the new album musically, the new direction has for some reason made them all fat and depressed. If you compare the old photos to the new ones, they have gone from smiling sunny photos to glossy magazine serious face photos.

So I don't just make this a KOL thread, Black Sabbath, and particularly ozzy went down hill after paranoid, and really fast after they started breaking up. Ozzy's solo stuff was just awful.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by food1010
True. But, there's no sense in saying "Well you can't say this band is bad, because music is completely subjective. If I like this band, then they are good." Let's face it, most people know nothing about music, and wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the face.

I disagree. Modern equivalents of Beethoven, of Bach, of Chopin, people making music that's theoretically (following the rules of music theory) perfect aren't very likely to necessarily get a lot of recognition (because of the perfect theory within the music, they might get recognition simply because their music is damn straight awesome) from the average man on the street, as he most likely has no grasp on musical theory and the likes.

But music can be good without being theoretically good. If something sounds good to my ears, I'll consider it good music, regardless of whether the majority of listeners thinks the same.

MushroomEDIT: And as hereiwas pointed out below me, this comes with a few limits, of course. Some things are just plain bad.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Nov 13, 2009,
And another thing we have to remember, is that while taste is subjective, some music is just awful. You wouldn't hang up a 2 year olds scribblings next to the Mona Lisa (ok, that's the only painiting i know off the top of my head), simply because it isn't a good picture. *waa waa automated drawing can be done by anyone, it's an expression of the subconcious*

Some bands can make just awful albums.
CuSO4

Page 1 of 2