somebody hit my car a few days ago the other driver was at fault.

i reported it and the police told me to get the report in 5 days.i got the report today and now im wondering what im supposed to do after i got the report? mycar has some damage that needs to be fixed what im supposed to do now?

i never been in accident before so im clueless
>_<
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
somebody hit my car a few days ago the other driver was at fault.

i reported it and the police told me to get the report in 5 days.i got the report today and now im wondering what im supposed to do after i got the report? mycar has some damage that needs to be fixed what im supposed to do now?

i never been in accident before so im clueless
>_<
If your insurance coverage will pay for the repairs, contact your insurance company.
You'll need to send a copy of that report to them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If your insurance coverage will pay for the repairs, contact your insurance company. You'll need to send a copy of that report to them

the other guy hit me. im supposed to call my insurance or his insurance or the driver?
he is the one that has to pay for the damage to mycar
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
the other guy hit me. im supposed to call my insurance or his insurance or the driver?
he is the one that has to pay for the damage to mycar

you contact your insurer and give them the other driver details and then they make a claim for you against the other driver
Do everything through your insurance company. They have lawyers and pit bulls and shit to deal with his insurer.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.

"somebody just ate part of my lunch..!"

Anyways, this is why you exchange insurance info and stuff when you get into a car accident.
Do everything through your insurance company. They have lawyers and pit bulls and shit to deal with his insurer.

before i call them up and stuff how do i make sure they are going to send my car to a nice body shop or the dealer instead of some el cheapo repair?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
before i call them up and stuff how do i make sure they are going to send my car to a nice body shop or the dealer instead of some el cheapo repair?

ask them who they will send it to
I bet you, as you live in Florida, an old person hit you.

Don't worry, they're loaded anyway.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Heres what happens.

Guy hits you, you take his insurance details, and contact details. He takes your insurance details an contact details. In your policy, it says, in the event of an accident to not admit fault (even if it is your fault, but w/e)

Both parties should receive a form in the mail called a claims form. Here you fill out the details of both cars, your account of what happened etc etc.

The insurance companies, from these reports will determine who is at fault, and work the compensation out, and pay you.

Thats how it is supposed to happen, by the book. However, in my experience:

1st crash. My fault, i hit another car, i called my insurance company, told them what happened. They sent the claims form, i filled it out, and attached the details of a quote gotten by the other driver. Sent off the form, and i heard nothing from then, until my premium was due, and it showed how much my premium had gone up by, as a result of the claim. They didnt even tell me if they sent the check or anything.

2nd crash: Not my fault. 3 car collision, fault of the guy at the back. In this case, the two cars behind me were together, and drove off. I got a registration plate, and reported it to the guards. They chased up the lads in the two cars. Driver at fault contacted his insurance company, i was contacted by their assessor and engineer on seperate occasions. Assesor came down to suss things out, and see did the damage match up to what was sain in the report that i assume the driver in the wrong sent off. Then a couple of days later, the engineer came down to price the damage. According to the engineer, there was too much damage done to my car for it to be "financially viable" to fix it. So he valued my car at what it was, damaged, and subtracted that value from the insurance companies standard valuation of my model car, of the same year, same condition, and gave me a cheque for the difference. I then proceeded to get the car fixed with the cheque.

Hope that helps!
Quote by stefan1988

I don't know what the law is in Fl. Here in Michigan I can take my car anywhere I want to.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.