Hey guys, im looking into getting a new guitar. I would like to find a guitar that is good to get me a metal-ish sound. Some bands i play are Killswitch Engage, Bullet for my Valentine, Saosin, Escape the Fate, Underoath, A Day to Remember and alot more. So im trying to find a guitar with the best tone to play this type of music. Also it would be nice if its under $500. Thanks, and please comment
Ok, a bit more info..

Any color preference?
Shape preference?
What amp do you have?
Willing to go used?
Pickup layout preferences?
Tremolo or no?
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Any color preference?
Shape preference?
What amp do you have?
Willing to go used?
Pickup layout preferences?
Tremolo or no?

Color preferably black
Shape, I'm not too picky
I have a Line 6 75 volt Spider
Used, sure
Pickups, also not too picky
Tremelo.....nah
Quote by Epic Failure
Color preferably black
Shape, I'm not too picky
I have a Line 6 75 volt Spider
Used, sure
Pickups, also not too picky
Tremelo.....nah

Look into a Shecter Tempest Custom, new it's 600, so you could easily get it for under 500.

If that's not your thing, check on some hardtail Ibanez's, ESP's or Jackson's
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I like Schecters a lot and I used to own a hellraiser but LTD deluxe's feel better in my hands. Definitely play the guitar or at least one very similar before you buy it. Also for your hard rock choices I would recommend passive seymour duncans like a JB or Custom 5 and not EMG's. Duncans can easily do the heaviest of metal but they have so much crunch and character that EMG's lack. Some people are obsessed with EMG's so they will try and convince you otherwise
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.