Ok, well, long story short, i have insanely huge hands. I have alot of problems playing guitar and i'm thinking its partly because of this. The other reason being i rarely have enough time to practice (about once every week), and when i do practice i just screw around for 20 minutes. So, basically, are do you guys know of any wide and/or thick necked guitars?
Gibsons have really THICK necks, I played one and it felt massive compared to my Schecter.

I would look at a 7 or 8 string guitar if you want a wide neck, plus if you have those massive fingers, might as well put them to use.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt
Gibsons have really THICK necks, I played one and it felt massive compared to my Schecter.

I would look at a 7 or 8 string guitar if you want a wide neck, plus if you have those massive fingers, might as well put them to use.

Wrong. They aren't massive. I've played MANY guitars that had thicker necks than even the thickest of Gibson necks.

I'd suggest going for a Gretsch, or if you aren't into that sort of thing extra strings are a big add to girth.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I had one of my guitar necks custom made at warmoth, I made it a fender reverse head solid maple with a huge radius (like a wizard "D"ish shape) for about 200 USD. I'd advise you to make one if you have the money/time to perfectly suit yourself.

If you just want to go for stock bought, try out Ibanez (Like an SRX models). Hey, as long as you have the hands for it, try a 7 (or 8) string, might suit you perfect.
look at steve vai or jeff loomis they have fingers that are unaturally long (their pinky`s are the same length as the average persons middle finger) consider it a blessing, that you will find stretches easy.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
look at steve vai or jeff loomis they have fingers that are unaturally long (their pinky`s are the same length as the average persons middle finger) consider it a blessing, that you will find stretches easy.

I think TS needs to be specific in what he means by "big hands". I don't consider people with long fingers to have big hands, just long fingers.

We also need a price range for possible guitars you want to look at, etc. If you have a bolt on guitar, look at Warmoth for a replacement neck.

As for practice, you have to make time for the instrument.
get an 8 string ibanez and don't use the extra 2 strings unless you want to.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
get an 8 string ibanez and don't use the extra 2 strings unless you want to.

You do realize not all "huge" hands are built for wide necks? They might need a thick neck.
how about you quit playing guitar and start playing drums? That works.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by p o e
Wrong. They aren't massive. I've played MANY guitars that had thicker necks than even the thickest of Gibson necks.

I'd suggest going for a Gretsch, or if you aren't into that sort of thing extra strings are a big add to girth.

then your definition of "the thickest of gibson necks" is not actually the thickest of gibson necks. if you've ever played an actual 1950s gibson, as opposed to a reissue with a so called '50s neck', you should know exactly what i mean.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
well as far as price goes probably no more than $400, and thats pushing it. and yeah, my fingers are pretty long, but my palms are also massive. They're just really awkward and cumbersome on the fretboard. For example, I can barely fret a note without it touching another string and hammering on/pulling off/muting completely random notes.
Quote by Rise_Above
well as far as price goes probably no more than $400, and thats pushing it. and yeah, my fingers are pretty long, but my palms are also massive. They're just really awkward and cumbersome on the fretboard. For example, I can barely fret a note without it touching another string and hammering on/pulling off/muting completely random notes.

That can be one of two things, or both.

A) The guitar isn't wide and thick enough for your hands.

B) Your technique could be bad, which causes you to hit random notes.

I'm not sure what you could really get for $400 to fit the first part. If you have big palms and long fingers, you'd want a thick wide neck (maybe not too wide, but I've found thick necks always feel better to me. (I have big palms, but not like spider fingers.)

Most people will proceed to suggest metal guitars suited for shred, which is cool and all since they typically have wide necks, but they have real thin necks usually, which might not be for you.

I'd possibly save up more money, see if you can look at Warmoth or Carvin. Find someone who can basically build you the guitar to feel right to you and fit your needs musically.
maybe your just a newb. everyone has trouble playing when starting and blaming it on your hands might not be the case. they could be just fine and it's just that fact that you don't yet have the time into the instrument to be good at it.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Rise_Above

That can be one of two things, or both.

A) The guitar isn't wide and thick enough for your hands.

B) Your technique could be bad, which causes you to hit random notes.

I'm not sure what you could really get for $400 to fit the first part. If you have big palms and long fingers, you'd want a thick wide neck (maybe not too wide, but I've found thick necks always feel better to me. (I have big palms, but not like spider fingers.)

Most people will proceed to suggest metal guitars suited for shred, which is cool and all since they typically have wide necks, but they have real thin necks usually, which might not be for you.

I'd possibly save up more money, see if you can look at Warmoth or Carvin. Find someone who can basically build you the guitar to feel right to you and fit your needs musically.
Ibanez and Jackson.

I have big hands (like the hand part is big, I don't mean long fingers), and Jackson and Ibanez necks suit me well.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

WELL DUH!!
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

Well, that's kind of a good idea. Everybody plays the damn guitar

TS, Jackson guitars have wider necks and Ibanez too. The trade off is that they aren't as thick ( C shape vs U shape).
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Blompcube
then your definition of "the thickest of gibson necks" is not actually the thickest of gibson necks. if you've ever played an actual 1950s gibson, as opposed to a reissue with a so called '50s neck', you should know exactly what i mean.

This. It occured to me yesterday that my Gibson has a really huge thick neck, in comparison to the PRS that I really want to buy.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
I think the problem is more about you needing to play and get more accustomed/comfortable with guitar than necessarily getting a larger neck. If you look at players with abnormally large hands, they play on all types of necks just like everyone else. Take Hendrix or SRV, two iconic guitar players, both had massive hands and played on strats, which are thinner/smaller necks. If you're set on getting a new neck, however, I would definitely agree with some of the others about warmoth. They make a great neck and you can completely customize it to how you like it.
Quote by Rise_Above
Ok, well, long story short, i have insanely huge hands. I have alot of problems playing guitar and i'm thinking its partly because of this. The other reason being i rarely have enough time to practice (about once every week), and when i do practice i just screw around for 20 minutes. So, basically, are do you guys know of any wide and/or thick necked guitars?

Lucky. i would trade my hands for your huge hands ha. my middle finger is the length of a normal persons pinky. i have such a hard time playing fast because for normal people a fast riff is easy if they dont have to move their hands around the neck too much but for me the same riff is impossible because my hand is going all over the place to play something that is easy for a normal hand. anyways to answer your question the fattest neck i have ever played was on a 6 string bass. but as far as guitars go id have to say a schecter C1