I have been offered a carvin DC135 for a really good price and with the money i save with buying this guitar ill put it towards an amp.
What fo you guys think about the DC135. I've played it and i love it. Just wanna get some feedback.
If you know of any tricks with this guitar (mod type things), please let me know.
Thanks for your time!
Last edited by Mikilangelop at Nov 13, 2009,
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
that is some seriously sexy quilted maple. what was the price you were offered?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Carvin makes spectacular guitars and basses. They are as good as any and better than most. If you can get one at a reasonable price, grab it.
The price oofered is 600 bux. Im gunna get it for sure. The only thing that i dont like is some pick scratch, ut that doesnt affect the tone.
Its a 2002 model. Emerald green quilted maple top. Abalone block inlays/ebony board. I kinda want to upgrade the pups, but i dont know a whole lot in the realm of passive pups, any suggestions?
IIRC, Carvin's pickups are a slightly different size than everybody else's. So you may have to route. I'd wait until you have actually spent some time with the stock ones to se if there's anything wrong with them before thinking about that.
Yah, just wait until you play the guitar quite a bit to see exactly what it is you would want to change in the tone before thinking of pickups. Get it though.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Ok, a 2002 model is worth that price.

Quote by Flying Couch
IIRC, Carvin's pickups are a slightly different size than everybody else's. So you may have to route. I'd wait until you have actually spent some time with the stock ones to se if there's anything wrong with them before thinking about that.

They aren´t enough different to matter unless you want EMG´s - and even then I would have to check EMG dimensions to see if they don´t fit fit. But those are active so that doesn´t matter here.

What does NOT fit is the pickup rings. Carvin uses a different screw pattern on their pickups and therefore different rings. You´ll have to buy new ones - that should only cost $5 or so...

Honestly I find it isn´t the Carvin pickups that are a problem, but I hate the pots they use. When I replace the pots on a Carvin the tone really takes life. I usually replace the pickups later anyways because I simply prefer others more.
hey Vlasco, well anyone, can you go over the parts of a pickup again?
What are:
Pots
Rings
I want to put a Bareknuckle Warpig in, but I dont kniow if it will fit. How do you go about getting the pup to fit?
Is the carvin's pickup "hole" smaller or larger than "regular" size pickup "holes"?

Sorry for my stuipidity and lack of knowledge.
A pot is what the knobs are attached to. when you open up the back you will see wires attached to them. The rings are the plastic frames around the pickups.

BKP´s fit in Carvin holes.
holy crap thank goodness.
Now i dont have to dick with my guitar to get the new pups.
Thank you so much for th quick reply!