I am looking for a delay pedal that can dial in the classic U2 sound. I know that the Edge used two delays for many songs, so I need to get a delay pedal that has a "dual delay" setting. My price range is around $200, give or take, so what is the best delay pedal that i can get for that sound with that amount of money?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
im pretty sure boss dd7 would do.

EDIT:
EHX - stereo memory man with hazarai...

the best delay thing out there, really...
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
how does 'multitap' delay work? is that the same thing as 'dual delay?'
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Nova Repeater seems like a good bet. Set it to one of the dual delay settings in the analog or tape mode and add a bit of modulation
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
EHX is way too poppy and bright for the U2 sound. Secondhand Nova Delay/Repeater would be a better bet.

The MXR Carbon Copy would be a great choice as well, a really dark but clear analog delay, just a little bit of breakup on the repeats and a very subtle modulation. The ones I've played did that U2 sound very nicely, and it comes in under your budget brand new.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Nova repeater by far.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by demitriv
Nova repeater by far.

YUSS

I got this 2 weeks ago. I love it, same price as the DD-7 and it can do sooo much more. Has a seperate tap tempo switch, and trust me without that delays just arn't as good unless your using it for something other than long repeats.

Buy it, or if you have £50 more, buy the nova delay, which is the same just you can dial in a pre set and it has a display showing how many mms the delay is.

Or another option is the MXR Carbon Copy. Looks pritty good. But no tap tempo, and personaly I wouldn't be able to live without it lol
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Boss Giga Delay. It is a very tweakable and great-sounding delay pedal, but a bit on the large side.
Ideally, you'll want an Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man. I believe The Edge has recently begun to use Analogman-modded Memory Men, but don't take me up on that.

I say check out the EHX Memory Boy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
How about the Eventide Time Factor, has dual delay, and easily the best sounding digital delay in a pedal there is, IMO.

EDIT: Didn't notice price range. I'm willing to best you could find one for $200 used.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
Ideally, you'll want an Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man. I believe The Edge has recently begun to use Analogman-modded Memory Men, but don't take me up on that.

I say check out the EHX Memory Boy.

On the recent interview with his tech there was no mention of this, he uses two tc electronic rack effects and then something else.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Or just get the one and save yourself money?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by dcdossett65
How about the Eventide Time Factor, has dual delay, and easily the best sounding digital delay in a pedal there is, IMO.

EDIT: Didn't notice price range. I'm willing to best you could find one for $200 used.

TBH, if you can find it, go for it, Best digital around.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I have a Boss DD-5. I think it sounds great, very clear.

However, I know Edge at one point used a Memory Man.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
The Edge still uses a Memory Man for live performances of old songs, but he mainly uses those two TC rack delays now. The guy has used practically every piece of gear on earth anyway, so as long as it makes an echo it'll sound edgy