Judging from the incredible fee charged by airlines today, I want to avoid airline that charge an arm and a leg for bringing guitar case. Also another worry that I have is that I can't lock the gibson guitar case, i know it has a number lock on the case but I forgot how it work....would any kind soul teach me how?

Anyway, just want a smooth flight from DC to LA...plz pour me with suggestion. thanks.
american airlines are so paranoid, just declare your guitar when you travel, otherwise they may take it and take it apart.
Put a chain around it. Don't worry about the lock.

As for the airlines, they all suck equally.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
might not work. Since I already have a laptop bag, a personal cloth bag.....that's as much as they would allow as carry on. Unless I am wrong about this.
Quote by whohasaquestion
might not work. Since I already have a laptop bag, a personal cloth bag.....that's as much as they would allow as carry on. Unless I am wrong about this.

Yup, that's all most airlines will let you take. Even if it wasn't, they wouldn't let you take on a guitar because it's too big.

No tips for you; I've wondered the same. Just hope for the best, OP.
United breaks guitars... just sayin'
seriously though, just carry it on, most airlines will let you
Airline matters less than country, travelling to spain they let me take my bass on board, travelling back they were confounded by the idea.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by redsoxfan5150
United breaks guitars... just sayin'
seriously though, just carry it on, most airlines will let you

Damn, you beat everyone to it and didn't even make it funny? For shame.. for great shame..
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles