When I play standing up? I tilt at a slight angle but I see people basically having the headstock point towards the ceiling, when I try to do it, I can't get a good pick attack when I play, so am I supposed to angle my hand too?
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
I've heard a lot of people say the nut should be at shoulder length, but I think it would be a little different for everyone based on arm length as well as hand and finger size.
Quote by LicensedToChill
I've heard a lot of people say the nut should be at shoulder length, but I think it would be a little different for everyone based on arm length as well as hand and finger size.

The shoulder thing gets me. When I do it my guitar is too angled. Thus not being able to get a good pick attack.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
I play mine with the nut just above shoulder height. When I'm playing bass though, it's far more extreme.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
what about the angle towards your body?

I always end up with the guitar quite angled towards me, I try to correct and keep it more strait though as I figure that is better for posture, as well as it makes it easier to reach the lower strings

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON