What the ****?

Besides being totally awesome to watch, how would watching a plane crash lead to aviation becoming safer?
I guess it's to bring attention to the dangers of what could happen in a real-life situation, but still, looks like a few producers wants some fun.

Quote by TheHatTrik
What the ****?

Besides being totally awesome to watch, how would watching a plane crash lead to aviation becoming safer?

It mentions about having cameras and sensors on board, possibly to get data on what happens in a real crash to possibly make things safer somehow?
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Last edited by sum41kid123 at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by sum41kid123
It mentions about having cameras and sensors on board, possibly to get data on what happens in a real crash to possibly make things safer somehow?

To be honest if that was at all plausable as a method of reserch I think the airlines would already have done something like this and according to that article, they haven't. Personally I think they are just looking for an excuse to crash an airliner on TV. Still though, it could yeild some results, you never know.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
"Julian Bellamy, head of Channel 4, said: "It is an extraordinary idea and only Channel 4 would be brave enough to do it. Not even aircraft manufacturers have crashed something this big."

ONLY Channel 4 thought of this. NO ONE ELSE.

/douchey TV channel head
I fail to see what more they could learn that they couldn't post-realworld crash. It'd be cool to watch though.
Quote by Unourrit01
definitely read it as 4chan to crash 300 seater airliner.....

Possibly the mastermind behind it all.
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Guess I'll have to Youtube that considering I don't watch what you UK weirdos watch.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
Guess I'll have to Youtube that considering I don't watch what you UK weirdos watch.

If what we watch is weird, then why will you go watch on Youtube?
Quote by sum41kid123
If what we watch is weird, then why will you go watch on Youtube?

I don't live in the UK nor do I get channel 4.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
I don't live in the UK nor do I get channel 4.

I meant, you called us weird for watching it, but will go out your way to watch it?
Quote by sum41kid123
I meant, you called us weird for watching it, but will go out your way to watch it?

I'd be missing a lot if I didn't watch a huge airplane plummet to the ground.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
I'd be missing a lot if I didn't watch a huge airplane plummet to the ground.

When I read the title of the news article, I thought they were going to crash it with 300 people on the plane... without them knowing...
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Kind of a waste of money IMO.

Unless they're getting readings to make things safer for engineers for the future, then, I would agree.
Quote by IDread
To be honest if that was at all plausable as a method of reserch I think the airlines would already have done something like this and according to that article, they haven't. Personally I think they are just looking for an excuse to crash an airliner on TV. Still though, it could yeild some results, you never know.

They have. There the same thing as test cars and crash test dummies... Just on a slightly larger scale.

You can watch videos on the internet. They're pretty cool.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Nov 13, 2009,
Channel 4 are still boldly Boeing where no other TV station has gone before.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by biga29

They have. There the same thing as test cars and crash test dummies... Just on a slightly larger scale.

You can watch videos on the internet. They're pretty cool.

So the article lied then. Nice one channel four.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
So the article lied then. Nice one channel four.

It says no ones tried something this big.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by TheHatTrik
What the ****?

Mull it over for a while.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
the television station is actually called "Channel Four?" Why doesnt it have a real name?
Quote by biga29

It says no ones tried something this big.

Well a 300 seater passenger jet isn't really that big (or at least not by my mental estimation of how small a space you can cram 300 people in). I wouldn't expect it to have anything more than two engines which isn't exactly on the large side of passenger jets. If the people who make these planes do this sort of thing as research I would expect them to do it with larger planes as well.

I could be completely wrong mind you.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Icehawk217
the television station is actually called "Channel Four?" Why doesnt it have a real name?

The Americans have a channel called ABC.
So don't you start!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄