Page 1 of 3
I hated it too, mainly because it got a bunch of hype when really it's just generic FPS, seriously, this shit was fresh and new back in 1994, I don't get what the big deal is.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
well.... he's an idiot

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I hated it too, mainly because it got a bunch of hype when really it's just generic FPS, seriously, this shit was fresh and new back in 1994, I don't get what the big deal is.

Well, have you played through the entire story?
It took him 17 hours to realise 'i can't get into it.'

He must be one rubbish, rubbish player, espcially if he's played WaW and MW/
Quote by Unourrit01
fixed

Not really, at least Goldeneye added to the formula, MW2 is just another rehash of every other FPS that has come out in the past 5 years.

Quote by severed-metal
Well, have you played through the entire story?

I've played thorugh most of it, but got turned off by the repitive gameplay, if I want a good story I'll play an RPG that actually has various puzzles and whatnot to keep it from getting stale, and not some shootathon where you essentially do the same thing over and over again.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Nov 13, 2009,
when he started punching the wall, my knuckle that i broke hitting some dude on the shoulder (yeah, it was hard) started hurting again. And why is this guy all pissed off and punching the wall? all i heard was a lot of gibberish and bloody hands..
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by DoomSentinal
Perfect Dark>Golden Eye> Modern Warfare 2

Anyone who disagrees was born in the 90's and missed the best years of the game console era

you were born in '89...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by DoomSentinal
Perfect Dark>Golden Eye> Modern Warfare 2

Anyone who disagrees was born in the 90's and missed the best years of the game console era

I actually preferred Goldeneye over Perfect Dark, but yeah...

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Not really, at least Goldeneye added to the formula, MW2 is just another rehash of every other FPS that has come out in the past 5 years.

1. comparing older games to newer ones is stupid to do because the new one wins most of the time. unless golden eye has that many guns, trophies, that many attachments and even close to the graphics, its not better imo
2. no
COD is for people who arent good at real FPS's
Perception is the Mother of deception
Quote by SPBY
you were born in '89...

I think he means later in the 90s. I was born in '91 and I still think Goldeneye is the bees knees.
jesus i thought please dont make him be british, he is so ugly

anyway mw2 is very much like goldeneye in some of the graphics.
Quote by Unourrit01
1. comparing older games to newer ones is stupid to do because the new one wins most of the time. unless golden eye has that many guns, trophies, that many attachments and even close to the graphics, its not better imo
2. no

You judge games by some very bullshit standards.

Last.fm
WOW

I'm going help this kid fix his life first of all it's a video stop crying, second stop playing a game for 17 straight hours, third fix your beaver teeth, forth try to leave your house I know the sunlight might burn at first since you haven't seen it since the first Call of Duty came out, then try to talk to an actual person, then now this might be the hardest get laid.

Seriously that might have been the ugliest must annoying person ever. Also why was he breathing like he just ran the New York City marathon, I mean really. People take that game way to serious.

And that game kicks so much ass.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
another factor added to cod that goldeneye doesnt have, online play.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
You judge games by some very bullshit standards.

my bad. sorry my opinion is wrong.
That boy has some serious mental health issues.

This game would have to rape his entire family to render that response reasonable.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Unourrit01
another factor added to cod that goldeneye doesnt have, online play.

I'll grant it that, but honestly I'd rather play with friend on my couch, and not have to put up with a bunch of idiot cheaters and 13 year olds throwing racial epithets all over the place. Also, even with online play it's still just a lame rehash, ****ing Doom had online play.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I'll grant it that, but honestly I'd rather play with friend on my couch, and not have to put up with a bunch of idiot cheaters and 13 year olds throwing racial epithets all over the place. Also, even with online play it's still just a lame rehash, ****ing Doom had online play.

yeah well the only reason i really play games is for online play anymore.
Quote by Unourrit01

fair enough I guess, but it's still pretty lame that generic FPS get all of this hype over games that actually do something unique and different.

Last.fm
Quote by diminishedtobme
Golden Eye > Modern Warfare 2

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW

damn right!
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I've played thorugh most of it, but got turned off by the repitive gameplay, if I want a good story I'll play an RPG that actually has various puzzles and whatnot to keep it from getting stale, and not some shootathon where you essentially do the same thing over and over again.

Granted, a lot of RPG's involve solving a puzzle, already implented in another game..or fighting a monster, or fighting another human. It's hard to be extremely original anymore, ya know? Loads of games out there now.

I'll agree, over-hyping happens too much, and does taint a lot of games.
Quote by Unourrit01

Which is one of the reasons i dont like playing games anymore. Makers have all of a sudden just forgot about story, local multiplayer, stuff like that and said, okay, lets put all our effort into online crap. Poor people like me cant afford to get a wireless internet adapter for my 360 (dont have a internet plugin in my room), so i just play story and with people who i know. You make real friends that way.
h'wat
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
fair enough I guess, but it's still pretty lame that generic FPS get all of this hype over games that actually do something unique and different.

I think that GoldenEye has had it's fair share of hype and attention.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

LARGE TEXT
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I think he means later in the 90s. I was born in '91 and I still think Goldeneye is the bees knees.

I was born in '94 and I think Goldeneye is the shit.
Quote by devilskommander
Which is one of the reasons i dont like playing games anymore. Makers have all of a sudden just forgot about story, local multiplayer, stuff like that and said, okay, lets put all our effort into online crap. Poor people like me cant afford to get a wireless internet adapter for my 360 (dont have a internet plugin in my room), so i just play story and with people who i know. You make real friends that way.

i make real friends in the time i dont play video games which is in the other 23 hours of the day no including sleeping.

also, shameless ps3 promotion. not cost to go online + no adapter needed.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I think that GoldenEye has had it's fair share of hype and attention.

That's true, the difference is that Goldeneye was actually something different and creative (like having a fairly stong stealth element and having objectives that didn't just involve getting keys or shooting somehting also it was one of the first FPS games for the N64, MW2 is just like all of the other CoD games, but with better graphics.

Quote by Holy.

wow I'm totally in awe of your cleverness.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by Unourrit01
i make real friends in the time i dont play video games which is in the other 23 hours of the day no including sleeping.

also, shameless ps3 promotion. not cost to go online + no adapter needed.

why dont i have a ps3??
h'wat
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
That's true, the difference is that Goldeneye was actually something different and creative (like having a fairly stong stealth element and having objectives that didn't just involve getting keys or shooting somehting also it was one of the first FPS games for the N64, MW2 is just like all of the other CoD games, but with better graphics.

I don't think you've played enough CoD games to know if there is a difference. Yes, it has many similarities to the first MW, but no it isn't like all the previous games.
LARGE TEXT
Last edited by Holy. at Nov 13, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

I completely agree. I'm sick of FPS games. You can bet your ass they are either set in the future or WW2. The only recent FPS game I remember liking was Sniper Elite. Goldeneye was the shit though, I loved that game.
Page 1 of 3