I'm in search of a new amp as my current one isnt satisfying me.
I'm bassically looking for a two channel amp(footswitchable) with nice cleans and a nice OD. I play mostly classic rock type music. I've been looking at the Hot Rod Deluxe but I hear mixed reviews and things like the reverb sounds digital and the OD is bland and flat. I've listened to some demos and it sounds pretty nice but I will have to try it first. I want to know if this is the best choice for me, or is there something better.

Price limit is about $800, I know that might really limit my choices but w/e.

Thanks.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
I don't like the Hot Rod Deluxe, personally.

If you can go used, you can probably find a Peavey VTM that'll cover your needs. Or a Vox AC50CPH/CP2
i'm a big fan of the Peavey Classic 30. sounds about right for you. it's at least worth checking out.
traynor ycv? the 40, from what i can remember, is more or less like an HRD with an overdrive channel you can actually use. the 50 is supposedly more marshally, and would be worth a look too, but I haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The classic 30 with a speaker swap.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION