Lepou's sims are FREE and really amazing - the LE456 is hands down the best HIGH-GAIN "RIP YER HEAD OFF" Sim I've ever used and I personally own most of them including Guitar Rig 3, Overloud's TH1, All the Amplitubes including "Fender", Nomad's ROCK AMP LEGENDS, etc.

This is one Dynamic, FAT, RICH sounding Amp that'll make a believer out of you and it's FREE too.

Download it here along with his other great goodies:

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/

Also since it's the head only also download his Cab Sim (with built-in Impulses) - it's called LeCab. Insert the Amp VST into your DAW of choice, then insert LeCab and prepare to be amazed! I also love his HyBrit Amp - it's the closet MARSHALL clone I have ever used. I owned a RED Marshall 100-watt Superlead back in the 70's and this thing brought back memories - I use it with the TSS Tubescreamer VST and it's Super Hot!

I am in no way connected to Lepou - just want everyone to enjoy this guys FREE Sims and I think you'll be amazed too - he could sell this for big bucks I'm sure but IT'S FREE - thanks LePou!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
between LePou and Acmebargig's FREE sims you can toss Guitar Rig away!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
This thread is truth and I'm surprised more people haven't adopted the free is best attitude yet. The free amp sims at the moment are the ones leading the field, sounding the most genuine and are not congested CPU hogs like guitar rig.

Although I'd say Nick Crows 8505 is still the best of the batch for the heavy stuff at the moment imho.

Quality guitar tone is also down to understanding what you have to do with it as well, if you have no idea how to fit guitars into a song in a production setting then even the best tone can fall flat on its face. A lot of people round here underestimate the important of proper panning, double tracking, high and low passing and having a bass guitar in the mix, these things will improve your sound a lot more than just good guitar tone will.
The clips sound really good. Very professional. My question is what is the best way to record my guitar to my computer so that I can use these?
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Simple interface like a Line 6 Pod Studio or an M-Audio Fast Track.

I'd say they're better than Revalver quality wise.
yeah just a simple USB interface like Beefmo said - the Line 6 GX 1 is pretty cheap and still decent... then a DAW (Recording App) like Reaper - Download it. I really do feel the Free Sims from Lepou, Acmebargig and Nick Crow are better than all these high-dollar ones. GR 3 has some kewl effects, etc but AMP wise the Free ones rule and with all the free effects (VST's) there's no real reason to spend a cent - except maybe to donate to these great guys who are producing free sims like mad.

http://www.acmebargig.com/

http://nickcrowlab.blogspot.com/

Here's some kewl FREE effects too:

http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm
Last edited by strangedogs at Nov 15, 2009,
Allright, thanks! I was liking the POD Studio UX1 because I could record directly into POD Farm or use the mic input and mic my amp/pedals.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
I use it in FL studio 9 and it sounds great but there's feedback if I don't play. How do I get rid of it?
Quote by mick13
I use it in FL studio 9 and it sounds great but there's feedback if I don't play. How do I get rid of it?

Noise gate plugin.

Most sequencers fit for purpose will have a built in one, I don't know about Fruityloops though because it's designed for electronic stuff not recording guitars.