i was looking on a website i discovered, and they have 8 string guitars that i want to look into them and try them out.

My questions is does anyone have a douglas guitar and how do you like it?
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
It's Agile that does the eight-strings actually.

And I've heard that they're pretty big bang for the buck. For $700, you get a neck-through eight-string, with EMG pickups, mahogany body and maple/walnut neck. I've heard that the build quality is usually pretty damn good too, but I've seen examples with minor cosmetic flaws.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
It's Agile that does the eight-strings actually.

And I've heard that they're pretty big bang for the buck. For $700, you get a neck-through eight-string, with EMG pickups, mahogany body and maple/walnut neck. I've heard that the build quality is usually pretty damn good too, but I've seen examples with minor cosmetic flaws.

yeah your right agile...damn....700 for a 8 string i think thats pretty good
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
The only thing I would be wary with is possible damage from shipping. It's been known to happen. So far, I haven't heard any major horror stories, and almost every person who bought an Intrepid (the eight-string model) has been satisfied.

They do occasionally sell B-stock models that have been returned. The problems are usually cosmetic, like a tiny finish blemish or a small nick in the headstock.

Other than that, you're good to go. They have many options too. I personally love the fretless eight-string, if they still carry it.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
The only thing I would be wary with is possible damage from shipping. It's been known to happen. So far, I haven't heard any major horror stories, and almost every person who bought an Intrepid (the eight-string model) has been satisfied.

They do occasionally sell B-stock models that have been returned. The problems are usually cosmetic, like a tiny finish blemish or a small nick in the headstock.

Other than that, you're good to go. They have many options too. I personally love the fretless eight-string, if they still carry it.

yeah thats with any shipping tho... i ordered my first 7 string off online, it was the 200 job and it came all busted up gave up after the forth one they shipped jacked up tho,and it wasn't just a little blemish,. all four necks were cranked into two pieces. Would rather buy and pick up but the price seems pretty damn good to pass up.
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000