so tomorrow i have region tryouts for violin. i can play the music perfectly, but when i play in front of people i get kinda nervous. so do you guys have any tips for staying calm while playing?
Focus on your instrument. Especially since its violin you really don't have to do any "Acting"
let your music impress the audience.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
If it were guitar I'd say move around, but if you're sitting down you can't do much of that. I guess just try to get into the music. Don't focus on the audience, or too hard on your music, just get into the muse and just play.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Well i have had guitar tryouts for a few things before, and i played acoustic for my last one, so i couldn't move around too much, all you can do is just focus on learning the music like the back of your hand, when you get in the audition room you will probably be bricking it, but try and act like no one is there, once you play the first few notes you should be ok, and if you do mess up, try not to show it.

Good luck man.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Try not to think about the audience for the first few minutes, and then when you start playing and really get into it, you'll feel a hell of a lot better about the performance.