I've been wanting a fuzz pedal as of late, although my tastes have changed to more, erm, unique fuzz sounds. I still want something that can do at least somewhat ordinary fuzz, too. Any recommendations? I don't have a budget right now, since I'll need to save up for it anyway. So, just fire away, I guess.
mxr classic fuzz, its about $110 and the buffer switch helps tighten up the fuzz sound. best sounding fuzz imo.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Skreddy Screwdriver. $195 new.

http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_screwdriver.htm

EDIT: On the cheaper side:
http://circuitbentlasergun.com/product.sc?productId=10&categoryId=3

A fairly good Fuzz Face clone for only $50.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Last edited by TheWall27 at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by gnaraaron
mxr classic fuzz, its about $110 and the buffer switch helps tighten up the fuzz sound. best sounding fuzz imo.

I'm not necessarily looking for good fuzz tone. It would be nice to have good tone, but I'm primarily looking for something that can get really chaotic. I know the Fuzz Factory fits the bill, but I'd like to know all of my options.

EDIT: I really like the way that Fix'd Fuzz sounds. Smooth, lo-fi, or just plain nasty; it seems to be able to do them all.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana
I'm not necessarily looking for good fuzz tone. It would be nice to have good tone, but I'm primarily looking for something that can get really chaotic. I know the Fuzz Factory fits the bill, but I'd like to know all of my options.

What you're looking for is a:

Mellowtone
Devi Ever
Fuzzhugger

The Wolf Computer (a fuzz originally made by Mellowtone, now made by Fuzzhugger) is a great, versatile fuzz that goes from classic fuzz tones all the way to glitchy madness. $125 new. Most of Devi Ever's pedals are $100, are are fairly versatile. My favorite (and in my opinion, the most versatile) is the Hyperion. Finally, with FuzzHugger, you can get some crazy sounds, like the Mellowtone and Devi's. For FHFX, I would recommend the Algal Bloom and AB-Synth.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I'd go for a Devi Ever Rocket. It can do great normal fuzzes and sick crazy stuff.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I'd go for a Devi Ever Rocket. It can do great normal fuzzes and sick crazy stuff.

I saw the video on Devi Ever's site. It sounded pretty good. I'm going to go to Fuzzhugger's site now and check out what they have.
Devi Ever:
Legend of Fuzz (Makes 8-bit like computer game noises, but can hit some classic fuzz tones)
Hyperion (Like a big muff with more mids, gets crazy the more volume and control you dial in)
Shoe Gazer (Ridiculous fuzz)
or a Disaster Fuzz (Self Oscillation switch included )

MXR:

Blue Box (octavey glitchy fuzzy thing)

Death By Audio:

Fuzz War (Balls to the walls dark fuzz)

Big John:

Hairy Balls Fuzz/Boost.

Eathquaker:

Hoof.

Blackout Effectors:

Fix'd Fuzz/ Musket Fuzz.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Blackout Effectors:

Fix'd Fuzz

^THIS. Makes all kinds of crazy noises. Check out some videos for it.
Sig What?
I like what cliff_em_all said, and I can personally vouch for how awesome the Disaster Fuzz is

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by darth awsome
^THIS. Makes all kinds of crazy noises. Check out some videos for it.

I use the blackout dual fuzz, I got one custom before they started mass producing them.

It's nuts.

The musket can do the classic sounds very well, and as you've all seen, the Fix'd is totally ridiculous.
Quote by spitonastranger
or a zvex fuzz factory (matt bellamy has them built into his guitars)

That's what I'm looking into. It's not too expensive, either. $180 for a very versatile piece of equipment.
How about the Cornell First Fuzz or JMI Tonebender
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by TheWall27

EDIT: On the cheaper side:
http://circuitbentlasergun.com/product.sc?productId=10&categoryId=3

A fairly good Fuzz Face clone for only $50.

a fuzzface has two transistors, surely? Unless that's a clone of a later version or something.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Holy Katana
That's a sweet fuzz.

It's actually the exact same pedal, but cheaper.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Check out the brand Death By Audio. They have some pretty chaotic shit. Or the Red Witch Fuzz God II

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees