I saw a thread in the electric guitar section of this forum a few days ago about a guy with an idea to buy a cheap piece of crap guitar and leave it in his car and come out and play it on breaks and lunch from work, and I've been thinking the same thing for a while and I might go for it. To get to the point, I found a Starcaster by Fender P-bass at a pawn shop but have never heard of the Starcaster brand, I got the serial number but where do I look it up, since it's not on the Fender site or any other immediate sites.

EDIT: Figured I might as well post the number... IC 041005536
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Last edited by Helbent Revenge at Nov 14, 2009,
try online stores such as mucainsfriend.com i think theres another called clearwater.com but im not sure
When the power of Love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. ~Jimi Hendrix
Currently, Starcaster is basically a cheap as hell Fender series aimed at cash strapped students- essentially it's the same kind of idea as the Squier Bullet. It wouldn't surprise me if the serial number meant nothing- it doesn't on a lot of cheap instruments, existing mainly for internal factory reasons.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's actually a Squier serial number, that's why I couldn't find it with Fender serials- IC means it's made in Indonesia by Cort, and it was made in 04. IS is made in Indonesia by Samick. First two digits are the year.

Care to post some pics? I haven't seen the old style Starcaster basses (with the arrow headstock) and google isn't helpful
$99 + 1 G string (it currently doesn't have one) + cheap gig bag = my backseat, yay

EDIT: I just realized that whole line is a double-entendre.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Last edited by Helbent Revenge at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Scratch that, it's actually a Squier serial number

This confirms my theory, I think. I found a starcaster J-bass in a Haztings recently, behind a glass case, with a "squier affinity series" sticker on it.

So basically Starcasters are the exact same as Squier affinity basses. Yay for brand-name juggling.
Nope, no sig here.