Hey all!

Ive been playing guitar about 3 years now, but i feel i havent got the most out of it. I go to a teacher, nice gear, good at playing riffs, some solos, so on son. But sometimes its hard for me to learn a solo, write a song, or even learn scales. I dont even know so much theory. And more things i should have known by now. Its a shame cause i love playing guitar, and i wanna write songs and all that i play mostly metal and thrash. Any ideeas how i can cath those 3 years up? looked around on UG for lessons, but none of them really helped.. anything will be appreciated!
Quote by Marcipan
Hey all!

Ive been playing guitar about 3 years now, but i feel i havent got the most out of it. I go to a teacher, nice gear, good at playing riffs, some solos, so on son. But sometimes its hard for me to learn a solo, write a song, or even learn scales. I dont even know so much theory. And more things i should have known by now. Its a shame cause i love playing guitar, and i wanna write songs and all that i play mostly metal and thrash. Any ideeas how i can cath those 3 years up? looked around on UG for lessons, but none of them really helped.. anything will be appreciated!

There's your problem.
PM me for newts
Best take this to Musician Talk. It's a music theory forum, and most people in there are really helpful and will guide you in the right direction.

Alternatively, click the huge link in my sig. >.>
same with me but i dont care. i dont force anything, i let it come as it wants to come if you know what i mean. from my soul or w/e
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Best take this to Musician Talk. It's a music theory forum, and most people in there are really helpful and will guide you in the right direction.

Alternatively, click the huge link in my sig. >.>

Shameless self advertising eh?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄