i'm thinking of getting one, though put off by the squier branding.

what does everyone think of this guitar?

its hardly entry level when it costs almost £300

should i get this or a standard strat?
Get a MIM strat. 100times better.
with this u probably paz 100$ just cuz the name on it.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Might as well get a regular Fender Mexican. This particular sig. model like many others is a bit of a money making scheme by fender. Lets face it he deserves a fender signature but the company's afraid that the popular new album has attracted newer, younger, thus typically poorer fans who can't afford a fender model.

It's the marketing idea that the Avril model is based around except Simon Neil can actually play guitar.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
It's probably a pretty good guitar, since squier released the VM line the quality control has rocketed and now they actually make pretty good guitars. You could argue that fender are trying to remove themselves from the mid range market by putting Squier in their place instead.

Is this guitar better than a MIM strat, maybe, the specs sheet looks pretty solid, with an alder body, fiesta red finish, alnico 3 and 5 pickups and so on.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i'd be put off more by the simon neil branding...

just kidding. but you might have to grow a beard.

i haven't actually tried the classic vibes yet, but from what i hear, they're not your usual squiers, they're supposedly more like the mexican reissues. And the standard mexican strats aren't that amazing, if you ask me. the pickups, especially, are horrible.

i know tokai have just started releasing japanese-made fender strat and tele copies again, though when they'll be available here, I dunno, and because of the current strength of the yen, might be too dear anyway. there are older ones with a different scratchplate design, they would be worth a look, too (they're here already, i know a couple of guitar shops have them for sale on ebay).

blade would be worth a look, too, they make quite nice strat copies too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd be put off more by the simon neil branding...

just kidding. but you might have to grow a beard.

i haven't actually tried the classic vibes yet, but from what i hear, they're not your usual squiers, they're supposedly more like the mexican reissues. And the standard mexican strats aren't that amazing, if you ask me. the pickups, especially, are horrible.

i know tokai have just started releasing japanese-made fender strat and tele copies again, though when they'll be available here, I dunno, and because of the current strength of the yen, might be too dear anyway. there are older ones with a different scratchplate design, they would be worth a look, too (they're here already, i know a couple of guitar shops have them for sale on ebay).

blade would be worth a look, too, they make quite nice strat copies too.
Sweet! I have a couple of the older MIJ Tokai Strat necks and they're pretty amazing.

BTW, some of the CV Teles I've played have been pretty nice after some very minor tweaks (OCD much). The finish has been pretty awesome and on mine, the Pine body almost looks like Ash.

ive played one of these and they arent actually bad, really nice little squier, would compare it to a Classic Vibes in terms of quality.

take this with a pinch of salt or whatever but find one in a store and you will see its not actually a bad playing or sounding guitar. Give one a try
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Ippon
Sweet! I have a couple of the older MIJ Tokai Strat necks and they're pretty amazing.

BTW, some of the CV Teles I've played have been pretty nice after some very minor tweaks (OCD much). The finish has been pretty awesome and on mine, the Pine body almost looks like Ash.

yeah, just new, though they've been on the cards for a while. I *think* they've stopped making for fender, which probably explains it.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/news/index.html (AST70, ATE70, ATE76B, ATE78)

Quote by nav00
ive played one of these and they arent actually bad, really nice little squier, would compare it to a Classic Vibes in terms of quality.

isn't it in the classic vibe series? that's what i heard, anyway...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i need a tele more. But the strats look good too- wonder if they have a steel block on the trem? they better

also hope they're not like £800 here somewhere around £300-£400 would be about right, and assuming they're of similar quality to the older MIJ tokais I've tried, that'd be awesome and I'd have one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Since the Classic Vibe series, I've had A LOT of time for Squier guitars. Every one I've picked up has been at least worth the money and very impressive...so much so that I'm one impulsive decision away from getting a delightfully beautiful Duo-Sonic...despite it being tiny and me being 6'4'' (would look adorable haha).

The best bet here, as none of us know the guitar personally and Squier has really upped their game, is to just find one and play it. I'd imagine it'd be quite nice really, as the CV's are freakin' brilliant.

It's been one great development after another since the '51 surprise, ain't it? They are making VERY interesting guitars and some of the more unique Fender models as reissues. It's a good time for us, really.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Ask google or smth idk

Just don't necro threads that died 8 years ago, k?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee