I just got my body fat results back, and I have 18.9 pounds of body fat! I'm horrified...What can I do? Has anyone else ever had this done?

*Yes, I realize there is a BB&N (Body building and nutrition) thread, but I believe this post doesn't fit the topics discussed there.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Nov 14, 2009,
Abbreviating it to 'BB&N' makes me think of BN biscuits.

I'd start by typing out its full name otherwise you'll end up gorging yourself on those bad boys 24/7.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
Abbreviating it to 'BB&N' makes me think of BN biscuits.

I'd start by typing out its full name otherwise you'll end up gorging yourself on those bad boys 24/7.

haha, well I think I'm going wannanaorexic.

Quote by whalepudding
Eat less and do a bit of exercise

Can't say theres any more to it than this

Except maybe eat more healthily, rather than just less, but it's the same idea
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by whalepudding
Eat less and do a bit of exercise

I run A LOT. 3 miles 3 days per week and 8-13 miles on Sundays.

What is the fat as a percentage of your overall body mass and where is it mainly found?
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
And how tall are you/how much do you weigh overall? I'm a pretty thin guy, and I have some 12 or so pounds of fat on me. I'm also 6'0" though.

If you're not already doing so, be sure to drink plenty of water. Also make sure there's lots of fiber in your diet. Caffiene is good too, especially from tea or coffee, or something without sweeteners. Caffiene both acts as a diuretic, and helps boost your metabolism slightly. Just don't rely on soda for caffiene, as even artificial sweeteners throw off your metabolism.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
I run A LOT. 3 miles 3 days per week and 8-13 miles on Sundays.

If that's true; then you shouldn't have a problem.
Try eating a lot less; but more times a day.
Also; eat healthily, more vegetables and carbohydrate (best before/after you exercise) based products than meat and dairy, although they're also important.

Other than having a normal diet and exercising, there's nothing to it.
Quote by Toolshed#9
Eat less, fatass.

You're a Jackass.

I've been helping my dad lose wait recently. We get up early and go on the treadmill for a while, and then we take the dog out and go for a wee run and also this may sound silly, but eat special K for breakfast too. My dad's lost alot of weight from it.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
30 mins of moderate activity per day.

its good to inform yourself about what the ideal kj's or calories per day usage is for you. that way you can work around that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
ha, trick question.

the real answer is obviously beer.

It's, so true!
I am me. Live with it.
For all the height/weight questions, I'm 5'7" and 115 pounds, girl.
I'm going to try watching how much I eat and eating a little less. I'd like to lose 5 pounds of fat by Jan. 1.

I'm going to try watching how much I eat and eating a little less. I'd like to lose 5 pounds of fat by Jan. 1.

5lbs by January? Surely it's possible to lose a lot more than that? How are you gonna do it?

You can lose like 2lbs/week.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Damn, I am 5'6" and 115 pounds, boy

And IMO I am underweight, and it is easy for some to loose weight. I went to 120 to 115 in 3 weeks in my super hardcore extreme X Weight training and conditioning class.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Dude, your not going to live forever, just be a glutton and wait for gout to slowly kill you.

+1

I gave up on losing weight after I went to the gym 5 days a week for 6 months, and jogged a little over a mile every night along with lifting weights and using a variety of machines. I even ate all healthy and crap, didnt lose any weight, that was a year ago, I'm trying it again now =/
You look skinny in your profile picture
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
Special K ftw, mate

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by Randal37
+1

I gave up on losing weight after I went to the gym 5 days a week for 6 months, and jogged a little over a mile every night along with lifting weights and using a variety of machines. I even ate all healthy and crap, didnt lose any weight, that was a year ago, I'm trying it again now =/

You are doing it wrong.

Dropping weight is very simple if you know what you are doing.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Dude, your not going to live forever, just be a glutton and wait for gout to slowly kill you.

Johnny Vegas had gout, Johnny Vegas is awesome and as such so is gout.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY

Come on, you're not fat at all. 5 pounds, at most, is all you need to lose. Hell, most of that fat is probably in your boobs/ass, and those are the best parts of a woman.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
Come on, you're not fat at all. 5 pounds, at most, is all you need to lose. Hell, most of that fat is probably in your boobs/ass, and those are the best parts of a woman.

+80085 & 455