In two weeks time i'm beginning a tour with new band and will be adding a full range of pedals to my rig. My budget is almost bottomless.

My needs are an amazing overdrive for blues/blues rock, an organic sounding wah, a delay pedal that doesnt sound too digital, possibly chorus and a reverb. also a power brick to power the lot.

Any suggestions for these would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Klon Centaur (if you can stand to wait or buy it on eBay)
Fulltone CLYDE or some kind of RMC wah
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man (the older chassis one, the newer one doesn't sound as good)
Malekko Spring Chicken

Voodoo Labs Pedal Power works, I think.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
gibson les paul-fender hot rod deluxe+marshall jtm 30
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Malekko Ekko, that is one awesome delay pedal, analog
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Cornford MK50 (Sounds truly amazing on clips, I hopefully will be able to try one out soon)

Wampler AnalogEcho - Rated one of the best pedals 2008 by Premier Guitar magazine (5 out of 5 stars)

Roger Mayer Vision Wah

Rothwell Stomp Juice (Power Brick)
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
wicked guys keep em comin
Quote by metal_fretter
ummmm, how about the 535Q wah wah pedal?? Jack of all trades but a master of none, so its should do the stuff u want

or get a crybaby and mod it to the specs u want

EDIT: most importantly a fasel mod so it becomes true bypass.
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Last edited by soloXshredder at Nov 14, 2009,
The LovePedal Eternity is amazing in every conceivable way, particularly through a British voiced amp. Through an American amp, the Analogman King of Tone is incredible, but the problem isn't the price so much as the waiting list.

Try a Budda Buddwah or a Fulltone for a wah wah - both great vintage wahs.

The MoogerFooger delay pedal's very good, but with a price to match.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Nov 14, 2009,
with a high budget, i highly suggest getting two delays, one analog and one digital. analog is often better for the blues/blues rock sound since it is organic sounding. works well for your short delays and adding depth. ones to look at would be the ehx deluxe memory man, the old stereo memory man, the malekko ekko (havent tried it myself), ibanez/maxon ad-9, maxon ad999 (again, havent tried myself), and mxr carbon copy. those are the ones that come to mind for a nice analog delay that isnt going to cost a huge ammount. for digital, well i am not so experienced with digital delays so ill throw out the stereotypical line6 DL4, Boss DD-20, and the tc electronics nova delay.

for wah pedals, i would agree with the fulltone or RMC recomendations. thats where im looking if i ever decide i will actually use a wah enough to worry about having a good one. chorus and reverb kinda depend on what you want. there are different recomendations for a subtle version and something that is over the top and very noticable.
Get a Fulltone OCD. That is one incredible pedal and your JTM should like it too, not to mention the JTM already produces excellent overdrive.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Sorry for the lack of detail,

The chorus i want is very subtle and mainly for brightening up and filling out the sound when at lower, cleaner levels.

The Delay i would like analogue, i used to have a deluxe memory man that broke but was amazing! but would like to see what the knowledgeable peeps here thought of other, lesser known delays.

The wah sound i like is hendrix, bonamassa, clapton (later career)

Really appreciating the help, i'm out of my depth, i just like playing, im not gear expert, Thanks
Quote by metal_fretter
My ideas have already been said but i would go for:

Marshall Bluesbreaker/JTM45
Keeley Modded TS9 or Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
Malekko Spring Chicken
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by les_kris
In two weeks time i'm beginning a tour with new band and will be adding a full range of pedals to my rig. My budget is almost bottomless.

My needs are an amazing overdrive for blues/blues rock, an organic sounding wah, a delay pedal that doesnt sound too digital, possibly chorus and a reverb. also a power brick to power the lot.

that always makes these more fun!

OD: Keeley Compressor into Retroman Beano into Fulltone OCD, God bless America!

Wah: Fulltone Clyde

Delay: Maxon AD-999

Chorus: Redwitch

Reverb: T-Rex Roommate

sure you wanna go all pedal no rack?

Edit: pick up a Keeley "Japanese appartment" and connect the Keeley comp, beano, and OCD to it in series, all already turned on = activate the loop and all are in your chain with one stomp PLUS they're all true bypass when loop is disengaged... can't remember which ones are already true bypass, but on a limitless budget, the one-button aspect is worth the extra $80 by itself.
Last edited by GrisKy at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by les_kris

Any suggestions for these would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

OD: OCD Fulltone

Wah: Fulltone Clyde or a Vox v847a (or whatever the damn letters are haha)

Delay: MXR Carbon Copy/EHX Deluxe Memory Man

Chorus: Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus

Reverb: Not entirely sure to be honest, but the delay should serve you pretty well.

And as for the power brick go for a Dunlop DC Power Brick

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by soloXshredder
Malekko Ekko, that is one awesome delay pedal, analog

+1
Talking about fapping to films!!
Originally posted by Vader, Darth
Jabba did this one time when we were watching Gremlins...

It found it...disturbing.

Gearidge:
Laney AOR 50 Head
Laney Cab
BC Rich Mockingbird
Line 6 Spider 3
Huge thanks, especially to Grisky, Astonhemmings and Yngwi3. My god, i was so out of my depth, thank god i can play because im obviously way off the mark with this.

Ok so forget the reverb (amps will suffice) are there any other pedals on top of the od, wah and delay that worth a look?????
Quote by metal_fretter
Quote by Yngwi3
And as for the power brick go for a Dunlop DC Power Brick

Most of it was fine until you got to this. from what ive heard and seen, the Dunlop brick is a waste of money. stuff like the 1 spot or godlyke power all are the same thing but much cheaper. the dunlop brick is supposedly a glorified daisy chain, and if you are actually spending the money to get a brick that isnt what you want. isolated outputs are something to look for, it means no noise or issues in one pedal will get translated to other pedals. with daisy chains this is always a possibility. with an unlimited budget there is no reason not to go with isolated outputs.

it should also let you use pedals with opposite polarity unless i am mistaken, which you cant do with a daisy chain. for those of us with home built pnp fuzzes, this is something that is fantastic. havent tried it myself, but theoretically it should work.
nice. i have a jtm-30 too. really underrated amp. for delay, the empress superdelay looks amazing, and overdrive im thinking fulltone ocd. for reverb, maybe check out the electro harmonix cathedral
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!