Whats up guys, so as the title explains im looking for a guitar for christmas. Here is what i want in my new guitar.

1. A good metal/hardcore/metalcore guitar
2. Under $700
3. Good sustain
4. Tremolo
5. I would like 24 frets but thats not too important

I've done a lot of research myself but its hard to find good sound demos, ive also went to guitarcenter but they have so many guitars it would take forever to narrow them down. So please help me. Thanx
Schecters personally are my favorite guitars....period!
The best ones go for like 800 or 850 USD ( i know it's over your budget but it's worth it)
Even signatures go for like 1000 USD only.

If you can spend the 800 USD, look at the Schecter C-1 series
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
+1 shechters are good. Also Ibanez makes good stuff. You could get an RG prestige, which is about 700 bucks, and it's a great guitar.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
+1 shechters are good. Also Ibanez makes good stuff. You could get an RG prestige, which is about 700 bucks, and it's a great guitar.

Just be sure to get one with the Edge Pro or ZR tremolo...the Edge III is notorious for going bad quickly.
Quote by woodenbandman

RG 1570!!!!
Add that to your list... 'tis worth it!!!
Going by what you said, I would look into Ibanez, ESP, or maybe Schecter. A few suggestions:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH401-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar?sku=520115

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Omen-ExtremeFR-Electric-Guitar?sku=520222

What kind of amp you have and a few bands you like can help narrow your search. These are just suggestions, and if your willing to go used you will find better deals.
I also love ESPs, second best, but they're sooooo damn expensive, and sigs go for like 4000$
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by eyebanez333
Just be sure to get one with the Edge Pro or ZR tremolo...the Edge III is notorious for going bad quickly.

All RG Prestige series guitars come with either an Edge Pro or Edge Zero (not the ZR, which only comes on the S-series guitars)
Personally i don't like Ibanez guitars. And I prefer a Floyd Rose over the Edge, can't explain why, it just feels more comfortable.
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
Personally i don't like Ibanez guitars. And I prefer a Floyd Rose over the Edge, can't explain why, it just feels more comfortable.

Well in the case of an Edge Zero/ZR bridge... I think they are better than a lot of double locking bridges, because of their spring technology, AND the fact that it still holds on to the tuning, even when a string breaks.
And I can't comment on the comfort... haven't played an axe with a floyd, well a Original floyd I mean... The licensed ones aren't that good IMO
Yes, licensed ones do suck. But an OFR on a set-neck or neck-thru is heaven
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal