Well, it's been almost 9 years since I joined this site and I think it's time I got over it. This site has been awesome man, zappp is a hard-working genius that has built this thing into a machine. It helped a little when the FCC tried to ban tablature and pretty much destroyed olga, mxTabs, and PowerTabs, but this site was always here and it helped the forum develop into what it is and assisted UG into gathering a huge following throughout the last decade.

I'd love to stick around but, alas, I'm now 22 and I have a full-time job, a fiancee, and a shit ton of bills to pay. I get in trouble with my job and my future ball in chain just about everytime I get on here because they just don't understand the appeal of a relentless internet bulletin board...everything has changed and I hate it. Oh, and I'm deploying to Iraq soon, so there's that...

So I've decided to give my conclusive opinion about this site, with a heavy bias towards the forum area (because I can't think of how the rest could be any better than it already is):

One of the things that make this incredibly easy for me is that the way the forum has operated for the past year or so sucks. Call me simple, but in 2001, we got our jollies off of spamming each other's threads...and that was basically it. And it ruled.

Now, after 3 different changes to the layout of the site, and the countless meme's I've witnessed, nothing on this site is funny. In fact...if you take out 4chan's content on this site, you end up with 99% "SEARCH BAR", "STICKY: THE OFFICIAL ONLY [insert any topic you can think of] THREAD", or "PIT, HELP ME MY LIFE IS IN SHAMBLES ROFL MATHS PLEASE"...and it's pathetic for me to ignore my future hag to search around for 30 minutes just to find an interesting thread to post in. And it's pathetic for you guys to make me do that. Assholes.

There's even a word for spam now. It's still called "spam", and today it is a bad thing. I racked up over 1,100 posts on spam in 2002...now my profile says I have like 120? In fact, spam's surname is now "troll". So even making your typical, incredibly-arrogant-and-repulsive-to-the-point-that-it-has-to-be-fake post, is no longer funny. It is being a troll and no one appreciates the delicate humor anymore. Shame, shame. :nono:

I'm sure all your heads are exploding with anger because I've expressed my dislike to the way things have changed, but I felt that I needed to post something given how long I've been here...and a lot of people get pages for their birthdays, so I figured I could pull this off. But all-in-all, the site is very well managed, and all jokes aside, this forum has done a great job with this amazing amount of users. Kudos to the mods.

And sorry about the long thread, I know how much of an annoyance that can be to people that have other things to do besides posting posting on a forum. So here's another change I hate:

tl;dr
Cut yourself!

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
i agree with everything you said. enjoy retirement
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
It's true.
Later man.
Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Goodbye, and good luck with your job, fiancee, bills, and especially your deployment to Iraq. You will be missed here.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
your account says you joined 2004, I think that's not 9 years, but okay!
'
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
your account says you joined 2004, I think that's not 9 years, but okay!
'

Maybe I should've noted I changed my name in from Filth to Blow Me in 2004?

Oh well, I'm comfortable with this being my last post.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
truth to your words, but it isn't going to change anything. the relentless spam and idiot forum celebrities will always rule UG now.
It's true, idiotic kids from youtube and hardass mods rule UG. That's why I am on harmony central more
Your post is completely okay now because your name is Blow Me and you have George Carlin as your Avatar.

Now, even though my join date was this year, I've 'lurked' for a long time, and I have to say, I agree with you.
Good luck in your future endeavours, homeslice.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by aaciseric
Best of luck with your upcoming stuff and things.

This.

Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Meh, I don't agree. You only see the memes and stuff because you look for them. Just ignore them.

Anyway, enjoy your retirement.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
You were thirteen when you joined.

That's why nothing is funny anymore.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Good luck outside the pit!
i have no clue who you are, but i agree with everything your post says.

youll get paid big money in iraq. so that will be good. am i the oldest member now?
F' IT
(whats the worst that could happen)
Quote by Caleb B
Who the **** are you?

By the looks of things he's a user who's been on this forum for 9 years and who is now leaving, his user name is "Blow Me".

You really need to start reading the threads your posting in dude.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by WaitWhat?
By the looks of things he's a user who's been on this forum for 9 years and who is now leaving, his user name is "Blow Me".

You really need to start reading the threads your posting in dude.
Who the **** are you?