Hey guys i have a bit of a problem. I bought my line 6 Vetta amp abut a year ago second hand from ebay. It's a decent amp and hasn't really ever let me down. Until recently during a gig it just stopped working all together, a faint burning smell was coming from it and now no sound comes out of it. It all turns on fine and i can even tune through it still. So it receives some kind of signal just doesn't output anymore. My cab still works fine. We have some important gigs coming up and i need to act quite fast.

i was wondering whether anyone had any advice? Would line 6 official services be the place to go? Would a local amp repair be just as good? have you had this happen to you before?

Thanks very much for reading all advice would be appreciated.
Sounds like the power amp has blown...line 6 will repair that easy but it will cost u. you need to get onto their online support thing to ask

in the mean time...do the xlr outputs still work...coz u can just plug into the p.a.

If they all work then its prob the power amp section. might just be a short...
Last edited by Orethor at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by Orethor
Sounds like the power amp has blown...line 6 will repair that easy but it will cost u. you need to get onto their online support thing to ask

second this...power supply..i've had this exact problem before with my old Randall V2
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
is it likely to be an expensive problem to fix then do you think? I will go and test the xlr outputs now and get back to you. I didn't realise line 6 had an online support. Is it decent. It's strangely comforting to know that it has happened to other people too. Thanks for the advice guys i will get back in a min.
my Randall was still under warranty thankfully so I can't tell you how expensive it will be man, sorry. I would say 150-200 though as a totally rough guess. If you have a decent amp tech in your town/area check with him/her about a rate, then check with Line 6 and see who makes the better deal. You will have to deal with shipping with Line 6 don't forget.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Ive had to contact them about my pod for repair...their not the fastest ... ull prob get a email back in 3 days once you contact them.

The cost is gonna depend on how much is broken...you say u smelt burning...this could just be a wire burning out or the whole power amb could be f@~cked...
Last edited by Orethor at Nov 14, 2009,
unfortunatly no...u can connect the amp to the p.a system tho...they come straight from the pre amp so bybass the power amp thats why they still work...they dont have the power to run a cab.
Well i took the amp in to be repaired and at first i was told that it was most likely the power and it would be a simple job take a day or two and cost 30 pounds. Since then they have called me and told me something else in the transistors on the power board has blown too and is a very hard procedure to perform and could cost more like 200 to 300 am i being conned do you think?