So i was experimenting with my sound today and i had this crazy idea. I have an old guitar amp i used to play bass through until i got my bass amp. I wondered what it would sound like if i had the low end coming through the bass amp then line out-ing to the guitar amp that would pick up the treble.
This sounded like garbage, so i didnt stick with it. Then i noticed the humble little OD button on the guitar amp. I pushed it, set the guitar amp to boost mids and lows, and started playing. WOW. I got a great sound with both the amps together. It sounded like using a big muff on dry setting with low gain. Since im cheap and dont want to but a pedal at the moment, this sounds just as good. Plus with two amps i get loads more volume, and i dont lose the low end.
SO yeah thats my story for the day. Try it out if you have a guitar amp laying around that you dont mind playing a bass through, as it can mess up your speakers.

Comments? Questions?
Chris Wolstenholme(bass, backing vocals, sex) of Muse uses similar setup, one amp for his fuzz/od/disto/whatever and one for clean sounds and he running two or three amps simultaneously.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
It will work grand, but only use the guitar amp as a distortion unit. Dont boost the bass. Better yet get a crossover before the guitar amp.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
EQ pedal before input- cut everything below 150 Hz.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I myself would cut everything below 250hz
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
James Johnston of Biffy Clyro has started doing this on there latest album, he has 2 8x10 ashdown cabs as his main, and for several songs now, he has a Vox tube amp overdriven. (AC30 I assume....)
Check him out! The tone is quite sexy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CssEPFcGwLg
Last edited by The 7.18 at Nov 14, 2009,