Poll: Best decade for movies.
Poll Options
View poll results: Best decade for movies.
BEfore the 50's
3 4%
50'S
1 1%
60's
2 2%
70's
9 11%
80's
15 19%
90's
35 43%
2000's
16 20%
Voters: 81.
As we all know, "Best decade for music" threads are a dime a dozen. On the other hand, I have never seen a best decade for movies thread.

So, ladies and gentlemen, Pit Monkeys of all shapes and sizes, what is your favorite decade for movies?

But Itchy, you started this awesome thread, but didn't tell us what your favorite decade is! Well, for me, you can't beat the 90's. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Good Burger. So many greats.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
90's were great, Fight Club and American Beauty in 1999. Them and Pulp Fiction are my all time favs
90's

It had Pulp Fiction, Forest Gump, Terminator 2, The Matrix, and American History X
Being the fan of Disney's second golden age that I am, I voted '90s. It's pretty difficult to narrow down my favorite movies to just one decade though.
I say the 2000s cause that's when most of my top favorite movies came out
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by itchy guitar
As we all know, "Best decade for music" threads are a dime a dozen. On the other hand, I have never seen a best decade for movies thread.

So, ladies and gentlemen, Pit Monkeys of all shapes and sizes, what is your favorite decade for movies?

But Itchy, you started this awesome thread, but didn't tell us what your favorite decade is! Well, for me, you can't beat the 90's. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Good Burger. So many greats.

Quote by itchy guitar
Quote by itchy guitar
Well, for me, you can't beat the 90's. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Good Burger. So many greats.
Quote by itchy guitar
Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Good Burger. So many greats.
Quote by itchy guitar
Good Burger. So many greats.
Quote by itchy guitar
Good Burger
Quote by itchy guitar
great
ಠ_ಠ
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Encyclopedia
ಠ_ಠ

I was wondering who would point that out. It may not be a "great" But it's still one of my favorites.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
80's. Just look at Arnies work in that period, it's the awesomest period of his life.
1980's FTW.

Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Superman II (1980)
Stir Crazy (1980)
The Blues Brothers (1980)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Stripes (1981)
ET (1982)
Poltergeist (1982)
Return of the Jedi (1983)
Risky Business (1983)
Sudden Impact (1983)
Ghostbusters (1984)
Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
Gremlins (1984)
Police Academy (1984)
Back To The Future (1985)
Goonies (1985)
The Color Purple (1985)
Top Gun (1986)
Back To School (1986)
Ferris Buellers Day Off (1986)
Lethal Weapon (1987)
Fatal Attraction (1987)
Rain Man (1988)
Die Hard (1988)
Coming To America (1988)

And the most important reason the 80's wins?
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckaroo_Banzai
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by DIV ON!
80s Rambo & Bill and Ted

But don't forget that Bogus Journey was in the 90's
Quote by MakinLattes
90's.
Edward Scissorhands
The Piano
Schindler's List
Ed Wood
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
Pulp Fiction
American History X
Army Of Darkness
In The Name Of The Father

And so many more. <3

EDIT: Unlike music, I don't really feel that there was a better era for movies. The 90's are what I grew up on so I'm used to the texture of the film quality and that kind of nostalgic feel. Otherwise, every era has its share of incredible movies, even this current one.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Nov 14, 2009,
Gotta be the 50's followed closely by the 60's. So many timeless classics came out during that time.
Good movies have come out in a fairly constant stream since the 1920's. No decade is better than any other.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Good movies have come out in a fairly constant stream since the 1920's. No decade is better than any other.

This.

To me it's a tie between the 60's and 70's

clockwork orange, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, taxi driver, 2001: space odyssey, dog day afternoon, star wars, dr strangelove...

although i love the 90's as well
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Buckaroo Banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the best decade was the late 60s and early 70s. Woody Allen's stuff, The Sting, Butch Cassidy, The Graduate etc. The best. But the 30s were good to, of your into crime movies and such.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
All of my favorite movies are spread out between the decades. There's very good movies made in all, and I don't think one is better than the rest.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The 70's had Apocalypse Now, Alien, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Star Wars and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

The 80's had Aliens, The Thing, The Terminator, Platoon, Die Hard, The Shining, Star Wars V and VI, Raging Bull, Predator, Airplane and A Fish Called Wanda.

The 90's had The Usual Suspects, Terminator 2, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, L.A. Confidential, Heat, Fight Club, American History X, Twelve Monkeys, Silence of the Lambs, Shawshank Redemption, The Matrix, The Green Mile, The Big Lebowski, Saving Private Ryan, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Leon, American Beauty, Trainspotting, The Sixth Sense and Fargo.

The 00's have The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Departed, Snatch, V for Vendetta, The Prestige, The Last Samurai, The Dark Knight, Sin City, Million Dollar Baby, Memento, Kill Bill, District 9, 300, The Descent, The Bourne Trilogy, Slumdog Millionaire, The Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy, Pineapple Express, No Country For Old Men and Pan's Labyrinth.

90's for me, followed by the 00's, 80's, 70's, and I havn't seen many films from before then
80's, the cornyness is too awsome
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated