*Flavour :P
Really loved the intro. The part where the guitars came in was great too. Loving the rhythms here, sort of like a much better Dream Theatre... Really love the interlude. Not too long IMO, just so you know. The Ocarina solo was really great. So was the Guitar solo. And the Bass solo. Really beautiful lead now. Again, beautiful Ocarina lead. 10/10
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161997
C4C?
Quote by icedog41
how long did it take you to make all of this?

About a week. I wrote most of the non-groove riffs right after band practice last week, and then slowly added on most of the other riffs. That might be why the drumming is so uninspired, because it was a lot of copy and pasting.
This is kind of irrelevant, but you need to work on your notation skills like crazy. A dotted triplet is the same thing as an unaffected note. A dotted quarter triplet (as seen in bar 42 for example) is just a quarter note. I'm pretty sure, without spending a lot of time analyzing it, that most of this piece is could be notated in 4/4.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I liked it - probably my favourite prog metal(?) song of the month though i don't listen to too many (because there are a lot posted here). The rhythm guitar err rhythm is pretty great even though in a few places it is just a single note pattern. The delay effect with the lead was pretty awesome the same with the slap bass - gave it a great touch.
The ocarina arpeggio parts were done well, a lot of people tend to overdo them or make them sound too "out".

9.8/10
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I'm sorry it just didn't make any sense to me...there is no structure, no reasonable melody, barely any rhythmic relation throughout the whole song. Because of this you cannot feel the emotional levels rise or lower down throughout the song, because there aren't any melodies, or rhythmical relations or structure that raise or lower tension and make you "feel the emotion". I can clearly hear the whole song is result of not being able to hear anything made in it in the head before writing it. Not saying that's a rule, there are no rules, but that's what it sounds like, as if you just wrote down what you thought sounded cool.
The harmonic structure is the only thing that impressed me.
6.5/10
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
This is kind of irrelevant, but you need to work on your notation skills like crazy. A dotted triplet is the same thing as an unaffected note. A dotted quarter triplet (as seen in bar 42 for example) is just a quarter note. I'm pretty sure, without spending a lot of time analyzing it, that most of this piece is could be notated in 4/4.

Yeah, that slipped my mind. I'm not the best at taking timing from what I'm thinking or what I have on guitar, and putting it on guitar pro. Whatever notation I find first that works, I stick with. Yeah, it could mostly be in 4/4, but the riffs were written in 6/4 and they fit neatly in that without having the beats cross into the next bar. Plus, the drums are in 4/4 anyway with the exception of the double bass, which just mimics the 6/4 in the other tracks. That kind of writing lets me do some cool polyrhythmic/polymetric stuff.
Quote by XxLloydxX
like, as if you just wrote down what you thought sounded cool.

what's wrong with that?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
what's wrong with that?

That's what I usually do too (I put some thought into it obviously, but I don't write it on the guitar, I use notes).