Hi guys,
I just uploaded a new song to my profile. Im not sure what genre to class it in :/
but it would be nice if i could get some feedback on the recording and the song =]

If you would like to know, I used the following:

Epi les paul & a random old bass
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Superior Drummer 2.1
Logic Express
lots of plug ins

I'd appreciate it if you could give some crit on some of the other ideas there too

thaaanks

P.S. I'd love for someone to record some vocals over some of my ideas, so if you're up for it, let me know
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Last edited by PETERFKNPARKER at Nov 14, 2009,
AMAZing!!
this sounds some like something from a band i'd listen too
You have potential, keep on going!
Personally I think you leaned a bit too heavy on the room mics for the drums, they're kind of pushed to the back in a way that doesn't quite sit well with me (mostly because the rest of the stuff doesn't have the same spatial feel). You seem to do that a lot based on your other stuff. Caution to the wind even has 80's-sounding drums with the big gated snare.

You also have the kick very centered while the snare is spread kind of wide. That's nice for an effect but it's not my cup of tea especially since you have an excellent drums plugin for natural-sounding drums.

As for the riffs I liked them. It's repetitive but you've got good ideas, add another part to lift the tune a bit and you're home. And that's one of the best titles I've heard in a long time.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Hey man, thanks!
I've never really thought to put that much detail into the drums before, but I deffinately will now that I have a decent plug in for them. I only got superior drummer earlier that day so i hadnt fully figured it out. When i do though, I will deffinatly work on getting a less spacy drum sound and stuff
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.