I dont have a fast computer at all, its a Inspiron 1525, w/ 3GB RAm and a weak COre 2 Duo processor. I tried using cakewalk sonar, but it didnt run properly. I tried audacity but didnt like it. whats a good software, which will work fine on a crappy computer?

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Cubase.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by alexdoabismo
I dont have a fast computer at all, its a Inspiron 1525, w/ 3GB RAm and a weak COre 2 Duo processor. I tried using cakewalk sonar, but it didnt run properly. I tried audacity but didnt like it. whats a good software, which will work fine on a crappy computer?

thanks

That's not a crap computer, that will handle a good amount of audio stuff without breaking that much sweat. It's not an amazing computer anymore, but it will do the job.

Use reaper, its free to try out forever, you're meant to buy it after 30 days but there is no limit to how long you can use it unhindered for and it only costs 60$ for a non commercial license. A lot lot cheaper than cubase. You can use it for all the shit you'll ever need to - midi, vsts, quantising, general editing.

It's easily in the same league as cubase and your conscience can feel slightly better not downloading some dated crackware crap onto your machine.
Beefmo is right on - get Reaper - download the manual - join the Reaper forum too - the THEMES thing I really like and there's some great ones in their forum...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!