ok i know ive been posting alot of threads about this pedal but i need some help. im going to tell you the whole story. i have a crate flex wave cab with a fender roc-pro 1000 head. my effects are as follows: blackstar distx, boss mt-2, ibanez ts-9, boss ns-2, boss cs-3... etc. it says in all of the reviews that the blackstar distx is way better than the boss mt-2 so i bought it. i've watched tons of videos on it and listened to all of the audio clips and it sounds great! so... i got the pedal yesterday and it sounds nothing like it did on the videos or anything. it sounds like a "deep" overdrive pedal. i bought it off of ebay from an actual retailer for $120. my original set up (mt-2 and ts-9) sound way better than this pedal. what is wrong with it? help me please.... i also have a schecter C-1 plus and a jackson KE3
Could you record a clip?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I'd say they used a better amp than a flexwave. Amp has an effect on the pedal's tone also.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I don't know what to tell you except mess with the settings. I got to try one once on my amp, and I have a MT2 to compare it to... it sounded A LOT better than the MT2.
I have a huge fear if rays.
i know what you mean ...try using the gain know about 1oclock and and use the ts-9 to push it some more to get some more bite...let me know how it goes.
Also try swapping to tube out for a much better quality one.

A Tung-Sol or JAN 5751 would go a long ways to improving it's sound over the stock Sovtek. A lot of Blackstar HT pedal owners agree that a tube change makes a huge improvement.
Quote by zenabi87
i know what you mean ...try using the gain know about 1oclock and and use the ts-9 to push it some more to get some more bite...let me know how it goes.

^ this. Which side do you have the ISF? That can be a big effect on it.
Stick with it because they are loads better than the MT-2.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey