Poll: What metal style looks best?
Poll Options
View poll results: What metal style looks best?
Thrash Metal
91 46%
Black Metal
16 8%
Goth
3 2%
Folk Metal
19 10%
Power Metal
13 7%
Other
58 29%
Voters: 200.
Page 1 of 3
So pit, there are many different styles of clothes/hair which are featured in metal, so I wanna know...what style do you think looks best. Feel free to post pics

Poll up soon...

Mark Morton. Long hair, thick goatee, t-shirt and shorts.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
This look:

And yes, they count.

haha maybe not

how about this
blogs.theage.com.au
Sarcasm is beautiful, think about it.
lol folk metal
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just got a great idea! i think i might want to set up a blog somewhere because i have a lot of great ideas to share. would you guys read it if i did?
trolling the pit since Aug 09^
Ones that don't involve every band member having long hair and/or make up.
Tada.

Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
What exactly is the power metal look? Does it involve having a ventilator fan attached to the back of your neck so your golden locks are constantly flying in the wind?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Iron Maiden has the best look. Anthrax has a good look too.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by entity0009
What exactly is the power metal look? Does it involve having a ventilator fan attached to the back of your neck so your golden locks are constantly flying in the wind?

It's this..

Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by puertonicob

epitome of metal.

Waits for pit flaming.
Last edited by 9Guitarist9 at Nov 14, 2009,
DIV ON's group looked a'ight. I think most metal bands look ridiculous though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by So-Cal
This look

this look ftw
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
80's Helloween look, which was very close to a Hair Metal look IMO. (atleast in the I Want Out video)
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
80's Helloween look, which was very close to a Hair Metal look IMO. (atleast in the I Want Out video)

I LOVE that song. But I have to say, I just watched that video and it wsa so cheesy. Needless to say, I loved the video too.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Thrash by far. Leather/biker jackets, jeans, combat boots n' long hair, with accessories like bullet belts and beer cans.

Plus chicks of all 'genres', whether it be alternative or not, dig it.

They might not dig the music you want to **** to, though...
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
wheres the "wear what im comfortable in and not try to look like everyone else that listen to ____ music" option?
Thrash FTMFW
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Amos_Moses
wheres the "wear what im comfortable in and not try to look like everyone else that listen to ____ music" option?

le zhis
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Amos_Moses

I don't think the question is "What do you prefer to wear?", it's "what do you prefer?"
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
well, the metal look that looks the most "metal" would be this:

doesnt mean its the best though =/

the best imo would be this

dont get me wrong, I'm not a Dime fanboy, just think that the long-hair+t shirt+cargo shorts+goatee thing combination is pure win, also demonstrated with the mark morton pic a couple of posts ago.
I think the 'Metal' look should be pretty toned down, really. I keep it to the occasional band tshirt, and I have slightly long hair. I just got bored of that whole style, I felt a bit silly in it, really. Being smarter, with a lurking gr1m tshirt underneath I prefer.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by InvaderTSN

My god that is cool.

I like.
MATTERHORN
Last edited by Doctor Matthews at Nov 14, 2009,
Page 1 of 3