Page 1 of 3
what do you love or hate the most about your electric guitar(s).?

My epi sg g-400 , i love that it feels so natural to play on and its easy to play.
As oppose to my squier strat which feels bulky and is quite unatural and hard to play on.
I love my squier telecaster because i just love playing it. Also all the dings and bangs on it add character.

What I hate about it is that it took me all summer to get an jackplate for it but i finally got one. Also the fret buzz is something I need to get fixed. It would be awesome if I get it set up properly.

I don't care what people say about squier, it works for me.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Last edited by The_lizard_king at Nov 14, 2009,
hate the fact that the frets are completely worn down, but i still play the shit out of it.

love everything else about it

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
love them all for their tone and playability....if i didn`t i wouldn`t of bought them, what do i hate - changing strings on each one back to back 1/2 a day soon disappears
love the tone, love the playability, hate that I currently have no strings for it
They say that in the army, the food is mighty fine.
The chicken jumped off the table and killed a friend of mine.

Oh lord, I want to go home.
But they won't let me go-o
Ho-oho-ohohahohohome. Hey!
Quote by The_lizard_king
I love my squier telecaster because i just love playing it. Also all the dings and bangs on it add character.

What I hate about it is that it took me all summer to get an jackplate for it but i finally got one. Also the fret buzz is something I need to get fixed. It would be awesome if I get it set up properly.

I don't care what people say about squier, it works for me.

yeah for me i think its a matter of getting used to a strat , i think im gonna put a humbucker in the bridge and a filtertron in the middle or neck because the single coils sound really tinny and cheap.
I love the way my gibson looks and sounds, but I hate how its so heavy and the neck is so thick.
I love my Carvin V220 but I hate the fact that I broke the plastic part of the pickup switch. That can be fixed, however...
I love my Mockingbird's playibility, sound, shape and finish. I hate that everyone bashes BC Rich
i love my horizon custom, amazing guitar, i dont like the fact its bolt on, but i diddnt have the money for a neck through back then
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I love my Les Paul's sound, but i dislike that its so heavy i could use it in a bar fight.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
I love my jag because its the nicest feeling guitar i've ever played, nicest lookings, and its generally awesome.

I hate it because the pups suck balls and I want a red tort pickguard but can't be bothered forking out £40 for a peice of plastic.

I love my tele because its a tele, twangy, spanky, great for cleans, and gets a really nice lead tone.

I hate it because it isn't beat up enough and doesnt have a 3 saddle bridge.

I love my strat because, well, ive never actually played it.

I hate it because I still havent finished the wiring and still don't have strings for it. Fxxking online music shops.

I love my shit £30 acoustic because it was my first guitar, has sentimental value and I can paint it whatever pretty colours i feel like at the time. Plus it has everyones name carved into the back.

I hate it because the bridge fell off and it's generally a peice of shit.

I love my les paul copy because... well i dont. It needs rewiring and I dont care enough to bother.

I hate it because you get what you pay for. It isnt actually that bad, the neck feels quite nice. The pups are god awfull though and I'm pretty sure its made out somone's back door. Also it fell off the stand a few years ago and there is a crack about an inch deep around the neck. That i "fixed" with wood glue, doesn't hold tune anymore. For more than 5 seconds.
I love the fact that it's a guitar and has a big Fender logo on the headstock. I also love the fact that the knobs, pickups, and pickguard have a nice aged cream color to them.

I hate everything else about it.
My tele. Love; Most aspects of it. Hate; It's lack of a 22nd fret.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Hmm i guess my fender jazzmaster would be a good subject for this.

I love it because it's got a really nice neck, excellent tuning stability, the tremolo is the only usable trem i've ever come across, and it's just such a comfortable shape.

Now for the things i hate - the bridge is a piece of crap, simply due to the design, and the pickups are really thin sounding and have a very weak output. It just takes so much work to get it functioning like a proper guitar, really.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
like or love everything about my g&l legacy except that it's not a hardtail, and if i bend a string, the other ones go a little flat, plus i have to bend it harder to get it the same sharpness due to the trem. i had it blocked for a while, but removed the block. mistake.
my hamer w/p90s is alright, but the pickups aren't as lively as the g&l and the neck's flatter, which takes a minute to adjust to.
i love my AX because it looks and sounds great, but i hate that the vol knob is right below the bridge pup and so i hit it all the time

i love that on my FX the knobs are out of the way, but its 22 frets and 24.75" scale

i love this warshburn "tele" but i hate that its got a now nonworking piezo bridge with one saddle to low, and i cant adjust the intonation.

i LOVE the ibanez xpt700 but i hate that its got a floating trem, an edge III at that

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I like it because it's a guitar but other than that it's POS.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
My DKMGT:

Love: It feels just right. Fits like a glove, kind of.

Hate: The fretwork on it is kinda shoddy, and it has a massive block of a neck joint. And I've recently realized that I love deeply scalloped maple fretboards, but my DKMGT has a normal rosewood fretboard, but I can live with that. Also, it's not a 7-string, but I can live with that too.
Love my Yamaha 'cause it always ends up playing better than anything else, and it looks hot in red and black. I hate that I can't set it up w/o fret buzz, and the action is too high (result of getting rid of fret buzz) but I still love it and can play great around that.

Also, The pups are weird; they could be better, but then again they do give decent single coil/ humbucker tones, maybe just not the best.
Love it for it's ZR Tremolo, the easy playability of the neck, the locking tuners, and blue-purple flame top.

Hate it for I can't do as much as I want with the ZR, and the pickups are a little muddy.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Im using my Cort zenox Z-42 for this one.

Hate- The stock pickups and weak sounding coil split.
Love- I put EMG 60 and an EMG 81 into it
Last edited by Fridge101 at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
yeah for me i think its a matter of getting used to a strat , i think im gonna put a humbucker in the bridge and a filtertron in the middle or neck because the single coils sound really tinny and cheap.

Well I hope to get new single coils for the tele. If it also gets set up properly it will be the bee's knees.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
I love the fact that my S670 seems to breath warm, resonant sounding chords even with dissonance, with ease, anywhere on the neck.

I hate how the neck pickup keeps sinking into the cavity, but that's an easy fix.

I love how my GFS tele is cheap and I made it myself, and it came out sounding good, playing well, with a nice, big, chunky neck.

I hate how the neck's fretwork and neck pocket are pretty average, and thus results in high-ish action.

I love the solid feel of my G400.

I hate how my acidic sweat has eaten away 1/3rd of the lower 3 saddles on the TOM.
epiphone goth explorer 2003/w floyd rose
Love: Shape, colour ( satin black polished to gloss form playing) , flatt black custom sprayed pickguard. the Emgs, the action, the set up,
Hate, the floyd ( more of a decoration to be honest) th emany dents, the small intonation on c and c# on the b string.

Encore 1980's indian build stratocaster-
Love- tone, ( thiicker than usual pole peices) the playability, its really smooth up and down the neck. rosewood fretboard. My tacky blue Fender oversticker. the grover styles in black. my 30 year old QC stickers on it.
Hate-Broken trem arm. colour (champaign sparkle)

Ridgewood cheap LP knockoff.
Love. light strings, bareknuckle and epiphone upgraded pups. petergriffin art
hate. cheap unreliable copy, bad tuners.
Love:
Playability and action
Sentimental (first and only electric guitar)

Hate:
Pickups are old, cheap, stock and rusty
Hard to tap on
It's beat up
Orange (it gets old)

But overall, I love her
I hate my sig
My LP, I like the way it plays and its sustain, plus the tuners are damned good for a $400 guitar.

I dislike the pickups, the electronics, the hardware (it's pre-upgrade junk), the nut and the bulkiness of the heel.

My custom-built; I like the pickups, the playability, the way it sounds, the bridge (Wilkinson VS100), the control layout, and the damned good tuners (sperzels FTW).
I dislike: the tendency for it to fret out, the craptastic nut, and the tremolo routing (the spring cavity isn't deep enough, so the springs catch and make a nasty as shit screechy sound).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Love: how it looks, how the neck feels, most of it.
Hate: how heavy it is, the pick-ups arent the best, and fret buzzing
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Love everything about my kramer except for the fact that the floyd is floating and I'd much rather it be flush.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Love my partsocaster for its looks and sound. Hate it for it's neck, which is basically shit in all respects (bad fret leveling, shoddy nut, sharp edges). I'll probably have to shell out and get a new neck, which'll be a bitch because I'm used to scalloped frets and it'll be expensive to get a decent neck that's scalloped.
Musicman-

Love...
how small it is
playability in general
sound (distorted)
body material (not wood)
black neck
low action
feels amazing
string through body

Hate...

only one pickup (bridge humbucker)
baddd clean tone
pickguard is ugly (diamond plate)
.... no wait... the whole guitar is ugly
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
What i love about my HSS Strat:
the versatility

What i Hate:
the humbucker gets wacked out periodically (but i'm gonna replace it soon)
rosewood fretboard (will be replacing this soon as well)
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
I like all my guitars if there was anything I hated or disliked about them I would get rid of them.

John
Page 1 of 3