Good day gentlemen, started learning to sweep around six weeks ago, started university, didn't bring a computer or laptop with me so have had plenty of time to practice.
I've pretty much finished learning this sweep solo but there's one small problem:
|-17-12----------12-17-12--------------------------------12-17-12---------12-|
|--------13----13--------------13------------------------13------------13---13----|
|-----------14----------------------14------------------14-----------------14-------|
|---------------------------------------14-----------14------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------15-12-15---------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
l l
l l
l l
The 14, 14 sections here I would guess you are meant to roll with the middle finger, fine. Problem is it seems really awkward on the ascending sweep section, is this a case of using the wrong finger/pattern or a case of practice? Not having come across this before I'm not too sure what the logical way is to go about it.

Also, could you recommend any other songs to learn with a sweep/tap solo?
Thanks.

EDIT: Ugh sorry the lines should be beneath the two areas with the 14's.
"13,14,14,15,12,15,14,14,12"
When I attempt to do that pattern I end up rolling my ring finger, and landing on the 15 with my pinky. You could try the intro to Alaska for sweeping too.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
From the 17 up to 12 five string sweep I'm going:

Ring-Index-2nd-Ring-Ring-Pinky-Index.

It's a bit congested down at that end of the fretboard but it seems clean enough.
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
When I attempt to do that pattern I end up rolling my ring finger, and landing on the 15 with my pinky. You could try the intro to Alaska for sweeping too.

1+

Alaska is the same type of thing but easier to master IMO
I hate my sig
Use your pinkie for the 15th fret of the A string (since the solo's in C# tuning, it's really your F# string) and roll your ring on the D sting and the G string.
i would go 1,4,3,3,2,1,4 easy enough. just practice and if you need something to make you feel better watch the herman li sweep lesson same Am arp.. hilarious.
Thanks alot for the replies, I'll have to break the habit of using 3,4 for the 14,14 section. Back to practice
An Alternative arpeggio could Decongest it...

-17-12-8-----8-12-17-12-8--------------------8-12-17-12-8-----
------------10------------------10--------------10-----------------10-
-------------------------------------9----------9-------------------------
---------------------------------------10----10---------------------------
-------------------------------------------12-----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tap the 17's. I feel this arpeggio is easier to play (Because Ive practice that shape so much) but just giving alternatives.