Back in April, I decided it was time to get my first tube amp. I decided on the Windsor, seeing as it was relatively cheap for a 100 watt tube amp, and suited my needs perfectly. I had it for all of about two weeks, used it for a couple gigs, and it started screaming and popping whenever i would take it off standby, and eventually stopped putting out sound whatsoever. So I quit using it, and started doing some research as to why it would be doing that. Finally decided it was the preamp tubes and replaced 'em. Worked great. For about 24 hours. Now it's back to doing the same old song and dance, and I'm furious. What the hell's wrong with my amp?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
Back in April, I decided it was time to get my first tube amp. I decided on the Windsor, seeing as it was relatively cheap for a 100 watt tube amp, and suited my needs perfectly. I had it for all of about two weeks, used it for a couple gigs, and it started screaming and popping whenever i would take it off standby, and eventually stopped putting out sound whatsoever. So I quit using it, and started doing some research as to why it would be doing that. Finally decided it was the preamp tubes and replaced 'em. Worked great. For about 24 hours. Now it's back to doing the same old song and dance, and I'm furious. What the hell's wrong with my amp?

it's possible a fuse could be shot. take it to a tech and they can tell you whats up plus fix it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
A bad fuse would mean either no sound at all, or no power.

What kind of preamp tubes did you put in. It sounds like you had a microphonic preamp tube. Do the pencil test on each preamp tubes and see if you can find a culprit. It could also be something like a lose insert jack or bad bias on the power tubes.
They're JJ ECC85's.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD