Im the lead guitarist of a band. I usually practice everyday for at least an hour all the other band mates rarely practice unless im all over them. The drummer and rhythm guitarist are in sports and they complain that they are to tired I tell them Im in a sport too and that i still practice. I tell them they lack dedication and whenever i threaten to replace them they always b***h. Is their anyway to give them the dedication i have? BTW both of them are my family so yea the family will shun me if i replace them without a good excuse.
why dont you leave instead of replacing them
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
you could just leave and find a new band, or just act like them and just play your parts badly and see how they like it
Quote by notsominidude
you could just leave and find a new band, or just act like them and just play your parts badly and see how they like it

ill probably act like that to them and wen they want to take it seriously ill leave thanks for the advice guys
Yeah ... I'd just tell the guys that you obviously don't want the same things from your band that they do, and that you can still jam with them, but you're going to look for a new band to play in.
Quote by hatebreeder209
ill probably act like that to them and wen they want to take it seriously ill leave thanks for the advice guys

Hopefully this is not a real option. It sounds like a cowardly option.

Just set by example, and make sure that your practices are managed efficiently. The real reason they don't want to go could be because practices have been boring due to the amount of "learning time" which you are using them for. Re-analyse the practice time.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
This is a perfect example of why it is so important to choose your band members less on 'ease of attainment' (ie. friends, family members, etc.) and more on finding people who are willing to prioritize the band in a similar fashion.

You make it a big priority. You need other musicians who will also make it a big priority.

They make it a smaller priority, behind extra-curricular sports and such. That's fine, but that will NOT work with someone who expects the level of commitment that you do. They need to find someone who wants to do it on a "whenever it's cool" kind of basis.

You CAN'T make them prioritize it any differently. They just don't care that much. Would THEY be able to make YOU want to put it behind all your other lesser priorities? Of course not.

This will not work. Cut your losses, and use this as your "not without a good reason" justification. You're fighting a losing battle.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
The last band I was in, the vocalist constantly threatened to kick me out, because I didn't want to have band practice everyday after college, and then on the weekend (basically spending every day with them, practising), and because I had a relaxed tone towards it, whereas he said he wanted to write a song atleast weekly (which I pointed out was ridiculous).

Basically... don't threaten them, if you're going to do it, do it. Don't lord it over them, it pushes them further away.
If you want to make it, you have to have great songs. You learn to write great songs by practicing writing great songs. I think if you're that serious about it, writing a song a week is a good expectation. If you're a hobbiest, then it is totally unreasonable.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Listen to Axemanchris.

Choosing bandmates can be difficult, best case you and your bandmates have similar values and goals. Of course there will always be some tradeoffs and compromises, but it's using those differences to your collective advantage that makes a good band great. A rare occurance indeed.

Personally, I would recommend being upfront, honest and understanding that they may not have the same goals in mind. Hopefully, you will not be put into a position where you are made to choose between family or your self-interests.