OK, so here's the deal; My guitar instructor is selling his Marshall and I want it nao. I have to purchase it soon, because a friend of mine that plays guitar that already has a decent 75 watt amp is looking at it. All I have is a Roland 15x, and have to borrow a friends amp when we play/gig, so I MUST HAVE IT! I'm gonna get a loan from the bank to purchase it, but I have no idea what model it is, and all my mom can remember him saying is something about it being a "Pro Line". He said the head it self is like $1200-$1800, but he is willing to sell the WHOLE THING for half that to a "nice home".

Does anyone have ANY idea what exact amp it is? Any help is very much appreciated.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Not enough info bruah.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
more info or its an mg stack.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Really, all I see here is a kid who is hyped up about something he wants, but he doesn't even know what it is.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Really, all I see here is a kid who is hyped up about something he wants, but he doesn't even know what it is.

I guess you're right. I'm not in the mood for arguing.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by JacobLampman

I guess you're right. I'm not in the mood for arguing.

Nah bruah its alright, i'm not trying to cause any trouble. Just trying to help.

But seriously, before you go "taking loans out of the bank", look into the amp and play it before taking that kind of action. I mean c'mon, the amp could be a pile of junk and not even function correctly for all you know. Look before you leap.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Nah bruah its alright, i'm not trying to cause any trouble. Just trying to help.

But seriously, before you go "taking loans out of the bank", look into the amp and play it before taking that kind of action. I mean c'mon, the amp could be a pile of junk and not even function correctly for all you know. Look before you leap.

no......

It is my guitar instructor, and I've played it many times. It sounds ****ing amazing, I just want to see if I can find any better deals before I go be a kid who's excited about something that he isn't sure is the best choice.

But my thread fails yet again.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Well we need to know what amp it is? Not every Marshall is good or worth the money, for instance if that amp were to be an MG you should stay far away, but if it were say a JCM800 well then i suggest you jump on that like a hooker on dick.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Well we need to know what amp it is? Not every Marshall is good or worth the money, for instance if that amp were to be an MG you should stay far away, but if it were say a JCM800 well then i suggest you jump on that like a hooker on dick.

It's not an MG, he's had it more than 15 years.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Get it. More than that time = win Marshall.... Hopefully. Google
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Marshall Pro-Line
15 years old (or older)
Head is worth 1500-1800 dollars
Half Stack

I guess that is a little vague. I should be getting an email with specs in it from him today.

Edit: It also has two channels, separate EQ's for each, and reverb.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Last edited by JacobLampman at Nov 15, 2009,
could be a jcm900 or a jcm2000. Most likely a Valvestate.... LOL

if you have played it many times go look at marshalls in pictures on the internet. Then tell us what it is.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
could be a jcm900 or a jcm2000. Most likely a Valvestate.... LOL

if you have played it many times go look at marshalls in pictures on the internet. Then tell us what it is.

Not a valvestate...

I think it's the JCM2000, is this a good thing?

I'm assuming it's an improvement over THIS BEAST?

- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Last edited by JacobLampman at Nov 15, 2009,
yes, it is an improvement. but if you like the sound of it and you're happy with paying the price, then buy it.

what type of music do you play?
Quote by BGSM
yes, it is an improvement. but if you like the sound of it and you're happy with paying the price, then buy it.

what type of music do you play?

All sorts.

Right at the moment, I'm going through a jazz phase, but usually classic-hard rock. Maybe a little bit metal.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
most marshalls arent known for jazz, but depending on what marshall it is, they're usually the perfect amp for classic or hard rock and metal. it might sound fizzy for classic rock at low volumes, though. jamming with a band at loud volumes will be perfect though.
Well then it will be perfect, I'm buying it because I need a new amp to play with my band. And the best Jazz tone I can get out of my Roland will be easily beaten by the Marshall, I assume.

Thanks
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
It appears to be a DSL100.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
So if I have this correct you're getting the DSL head and matching cabinet (4x12?) for $600-$900?
Last edited by take_it_t at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by take_it_t
So if I have this correct you're getting the DSL head and matching cabinet (4x12?) for $600-$900?

The head, matching cabinet, and footswitch for $900. Finally got his email.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
If it's what you want by all means go for it, sounds like a good enough deal to me.
Quote by take_it_t
If it's what you want by all means go for it, sounds like a good enough deal to me.

Well, I live 3 1/2 hours away from the nearest guitar store, so this is the best deal I've seen around here.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
DSLs are really good amps, don't know about prices there so I can't comment on that, but I say if the price is right then go for it.