Hi does anyone know of any smooth sounding distorion, overdive, fuzz, etc.? I ways also hoping that it would sound smooth when put on high gain
Use something like an EHX Metal Muff with the bass at max, mid just over centre, and treble wherever.. then run it through a compressor. You should try to get your overdrive sound from actually overdriving preamp tubes, instead of just laying on tonnes of clipped gain from pedals.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Use something like an EHX Metal Muff with the bass at max, mid just over centre, and treble wherever.. then run it through a compressor. You should try to get your overdrive sound from actually overdriving preamp tubes, instead of just laying on tonnes of clipped gain from pedals.

thats gonna sound awful imo, but eash to their own.

ts be aware of the speakers you are using, if they are new they need broken in, and certain speakers have smooth highs and mids and others have sharper mids. another small point is just drop the tone knob on your guitar slightly this can make an impact.

overdrives in front of the amp can often smoothen out gain, and a reverb box tends to spread the signal a bit which makes the highs less in your face.
if u want a pedal then a big muff is crazy smooth but otherwise i would suggest turning to your overdrive channel and boosting with an ocd or something similar
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
Quote by fretz86
Hermida Zendrive but its 200 and I think a six month wait.

+1
The Zendrives are smooth as a baby's bottom are.

Alternatively... check out the Vox Satchurator.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Why don't you buy an overdrive like a TS9 or Bad monkey, that should help alot. Or an EQ would work wonders.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.