Page 1 of 2
Some people on here other than me must go by different names or monikers when they perform so I thought we could have a thread where we share those and help people come up with new ones if they are struggling to think of one.

My username is mine.

EDIT: Actually, to add a little extra bit of depth to it, if there is a story behind your stage name, tell it.

Mine was a strange gift of sorts from a friend. When I first started to perform alongside him when I was 15 or 16 this friend insisted that I take a stage name and when I couldn't think of one he suggested IDread which is a combination of the Rastafari ideas of "I" and the dreadlocks that characterise the movement. At the time though I found it a bit weird since my dreadlocks had barely started to form but I've grown into it.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 14, 2009,
Mine is Frau Veinerschnitzel. I am aware that "frau" makes me a woman. I am okay with that, seeing as I'm in a comedy avant-garde metal band.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
If i'm playing acousicly as opposed to with my band i go by the rather crap moniker of "The Best Baddie Ever" (it comes from a drunken viewing of hellboy where my cousin remarked of that sand guy "f*ckin hell he's the best baddy ever!) its lame i know.
With my band i dont have a stage name.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
My username, though I'm never exactly on stage.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

i go by count oignon

www.myspace.com/countoignon

i am a one man black metal band \../
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Longrod Von Hugendong

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Capitan Charisma and my house mate is known as SoloBoy
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Quote by SPBY
Longrod Von Hugendong

*cough* Quagmire *cough*

I go by the moniker of Roger Meole.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by vulgarmachine
*cough* Quagmire *cough*

I go by the moniker of Roger Meole.

yeah, that was the joke, congratulations

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by iantheman
I think most of them are pretty pretentious.

this

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I think Count Countcula would be a cool moniker. Maybe Count Countcula & The Dukes of Earl for the name of the band.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
I would use my real name, it isn't something complicated like Aleksandar Živojinović
Velasquez McChainsaw
"One does not walk into Vatican City with one's ass hanging out."
flea...

wait no.

I just got back from a local gig where the bassist from one of the bands was called 'bass face'
Quote by TheSecondRaid
flea...

wait no.

I just got back from a local gig where the bassist from one of the bands was called 'bass face'

Was it Razor's ginger friend????

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by iantheman
I think most of them are pretty pretentious.

How so?
Sure if the nickname itself is pretentious then I agree but I can't see how the idea of a stage name is pretentious.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
How so?
Sure if the nickname itself is pretentious then I agree but I can't see how the idea of a stage name is pretentious.

Agreed. Alice Cooper is a stage name, but who'd take him seriously if he went by the name Vincent Furnier?
I use Ruddimeer the Slayer of Rabid Bulbasaurs... my grandmother called me that when i was young and i guess it kinda stuck
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
shreddy krueger

my proper name is joshua woodman, any ideas? something wood related lol
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Quote by kwidjibo1
shreddy krueger

Woody
-no sig-
Quote by kwidjibo1
shreddy krueger

What kind of music do you play?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
What kind of music do you play?

ermm im HEAVILY influenced by buckethead and play alot of avant-garde, acoustic stuff and metal

@ at the guy above IDread...thats so simply...but GENIUS lol
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Last edited by kwidjibo1 at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by kwidjibo1
ermm im HEAVILY influenced by buckethead and play alot of avant-garde, acoustic stuff and metal

@ at the guy above Idead...thats so simply...but GENIUS lol

Try and find a bassist called Buzz, a keyboardist Jessie and a drummer called Bullseye.
-no sig-
My real name is perfect for a stage name.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Quote by ZAxel
My real name is perfect for a stage name.

Care to elaborate?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
i am called nacho. not even kidding.

its because i told people at my school that i was half puerto rican, and of course the racial stereotype floweth forth.
Quote by IDread
Care to elaborate?

Zach Axelrod
I seriously get comments like "That would be an awesome stage name!"
At the Justice Tour:

Quote by IDread

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Quote by ZAxel
Zach Axelrod
I seriously get comments like "That would be an awesome stage name!"

Wait, so your actual surname is Axelrod?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Wait, so your actual surname is Axelrod?

Yeah
At the Justice Tour:

Quote by IDread

I go by Bob White.
I am a birder watcher, and we usually give each other nicknames based on the bird that we remind each other of. I was likened to a northern bobwhite, and i thought "bobwhite, hmm, Bob White!"
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by ZAxel
Yeah

- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Page 1 of 2