Page 1 of 3
For example, i looove indie rock so I should like Dinosaur Jr. But, I don't because their singer is a whiny bitch and his guitar solos suck (my opinion). I even like bands inspired by Dinosaur Jr. (ex. Built to Spill). But I just cant get into them.

Do you guys do this, find a band in a genre you like that gets good reviews, but then you listen to them and they suck. Or is it just me?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
I just can't get into Chickenfoot. I like the bands that all the members played in, but together I don't think they're that great.

Also, Radiohead. I've been told I seem like someone who would be a big fan. I think their music is weird and depressing. No offense to fanboys and girls.
I SHOULD like Led Zeppelin but I hate their living guts.

Quote by sashki
I just can't get into Chickenfoot. I like the bands that all the members played in, but together I don't think they're that great.

This too.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
if i dont like it then i shouldnt like it.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by sashki

Also, Radiohead. I've been told I seem like someone who would be a big fan. I think their music is weird and depressing. No offense to fanboys and girls.

Radiohead, yeah. Don't like them. In fact, I hate them. With a burning passion.

At first, friends and family alike spoke about Radiohead being amazing and how it was the best band ever.

Okay.

So I borrowed all the albums, listened straight through several times each, and I still never got it. Eventually, my opinion was indifference.

At this point, however, I've come to the epiphany that the band is so horribly bad, that the fact that they are more famous than garage bands consisting of 13-year-olds who play punk music and sing about girls simply perplexes me.
Quote by Zaphikh
I never realized people had to enjoy certain groups.

Yeah dude. If you're into a genre and you don't like its most popular band you get killed by rabid zebras. Don't you know anything?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Zaphikh
I never realized people had to enjoy certain groups.

You don't have to. It just seems like you would like them.

Oh and true on the Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant kinda pisses me off.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
J Mascis's solos suck? Are you high?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Muse for me. It's an off/on thing
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by Minkaro
Megadeth. Great musicians, just a shame they let Mustaine anywhere near a mic.
This, too. I can stand a couple of songs.
I like thrash, but can't stand slayer, anthrax or metallica.
2009 Gibson Explorer - 2008 Washburn Idol WI45f - 1965 MiJ Ibanez Salvador Classical
Bogner Alchemist 40w 1x12" - Marshall MG10CD
I keep being told I should like Enter Shikari, but..... no. The screams, and the crappy guitar work, and the keyboards.... argh
Quote by Minkaro
Megadeth. Great musicians, just a shame they let Mustaine anywhere near a mic.

At first it was the vocals but now that I've gotten used to it, it has to be the lyrics.
Metallica, AC/DC. Though I like some older Metallica, but just enjoy one or two AC/DC songs.

Oh, and Pearl Jam. It seems like they were just formed this year, since everyone started listening to them recently (at least here in Portugal) and most people love them nowadays. I can't enjoy any of their songs.

Edit:

Megadeth are cool, you gotta get used to Mustaine's vocals. The instrumental work is just awesome
Last edited by PnT at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by Zero-Hartman
J Mascis's solos suck? Are you high?

Yes but that's not the point. Give me a Dinosaur Jr. song though and i will listen with an open mind.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
I think you're opening a subject that has vast philosophical ramifications. Why should we like something that we don't like? There have been several instances in my life when I didn't like a particular musical artist or band but was swayed differently when a friend would point out various aspects of the music that I may have been closed to if left to my own devices.

There have also been just as many instances when, no matter how many attempts were made by friends to open my eyes, I just didn't get the appeal - and never would.

The saying that "There's no accounting for taste" rings true. No matter how many times I tried liver (at the insistence of various friends and family members), I never could get over how much I was totally appalled by its taste ... to the extent that I will never try it again.
Pink Floyd
"One does not walk into Vatican City with one's ass hanging out."
Quote by lphummingbird
I think you're opening a subject that has vast philosophical ramifications. Why should we like something that we don't like? There have been several instances in my life when I didn't like a particular musical artist or band but was swayed differently when a friend would point out various aspects of the music that I may have been closed to if left to my own devices.

There have also been just as many instances when, no matter how many attempts were made by friends to open my eyes, I just didn't get the appeal - and never would.

The saying that "There's no accounting for taste" rings true. No matter how many times I tried liver (at the insistence of various friends and family members), I never could get over how much I was totally appalled by its taste ... to the extent that I will never try it again.

That's actually exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks for understanding me
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
I'm a classic rock fan, so I'm supposed to like the Rolling Stones. I can't stand 'em.
I've never quite gotten The Rolling Stones. They're decent, but that's all for me. Same goes for Radiohead, except I don't even find them decent. Everyone expects me to enjoy them, but I just don't

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by nigeltheginger
I keep being told I should like Enter Shikari, but..... no. The screams, and the crappy guitar work, and the keyboards.... argh

This.
<I like my beat down low

Quote by Mitchell?
You shagged your cousin?

Blech.

Awesome.
Quote by MushroomBomb
I've never quite gotten The Rolling Stones. They're decent, but that's all for me. Same goes for Radiohead, except I don't even find them decent. Everyone expects me to enjoy them, but I just don't

I agree about Radiohead. There music makes me feel stupid. And Thom Yorke is a dick. I actually enjoy the Stones, although I had to listen to Exile on Main Street through like 14 times first.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
I'm a prog head and I dont see whats so great about dream theater. every other prog head I know seems to suck their balls to infinite extent but I just dont feel it.
The Beatles for me as well.

When I listened to legendary bands like Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen and Black Sabbath for the first time, I wasn't surprised at why this music was legendary. With the Beatles, I just didn't feel that.

They're said to be an example of good, serious music that stood out in a world of disposable teenage junk, but I just don't see what made them so outstanding.
Bands people tell me that I should like, but don't.

Dream Theatre
Oasis
Radiohead
Children of Bodom
Buckethead (Just his prog/shred stuff, his acoustic work is mindblowing)
Atreyu
Chiodos
Killswitch Engage
Eagles of Death Metal
Last edited by whitenihilist at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by Myfirstpubes
I'm a prog head and I dont see whats so great about dream theater. every other prog head I know seems to suck their balls to infinite extent but I just dont feel it.

I know. I like prog but Dream Theater is so damn pointless. And all their songs are reallly long which makes it harder to get into.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
August Burns Red
They're supposed to be on the forefront of their genre, but I just can't get into them..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by afterthewar
I know. I like prog but Dream Theater is so damn pointless. And all their songs are reallly long which makes it harder to get into.

Its not even that their songs are long cus I listen to bands to have very long songs and they're great songs, its that the parts drag on too much in Dream Theater songs that piss me off.
Page 1 of 3