I play in my school jazz band and in a band with a few of my buddies. I currently have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1. I am looking at Fender HSS Strats to give me a little more tonal choice and because the Schecter doesnt have great clean tones for jazz. I have been looking at the following guitars:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Highway-One-HSS-Stratocaster-103862579-i1167441.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-Strat--HSS--Electric-Guitar-510477-i1374014.gc

I was wondering, what's the difference and, frankly, which one should I choose and why?

Thanks!!!
go for the black one man, beauty tones on your clean. a fender amp goes a long way also!
theyre both very similar but the first one will have a hotter humbucker
GEAR

1966 MUSTANG

valveking 112

markley tuner
Ernie Ball Wah
digitech whammy
fulltone ocd
usa big muff
boss dd7
boss rc-2

Quote by simpleben09
You sir have a mean ass rig. Have a great day.
I own a highway one and I love it. I would say get that one it plays like a dream and has the beautiful 70s style headstock
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Ok, thanks. I was wondering, how good is the humbucker on the highway one? Like would it give a good tone for classic rock? How about heavier stuff like metal? Just wondering how diverse the sounds would b that I could pull out of it.

I have heard of many people switching the tuners out of it. Are the stock tuners really that bad?
Quote by gitahjunkie
Ok, thanks. I was wondering, how good is the humbucker on the highway one? Like would it give a good tone for classic rock? How about heavier stuff like metal? Just wondering how diverse the sounds would b that I could pull out of it.

I have heard of many people switching the tuners out of it. Are the stock tuners really that bad?

The guitar gets to be a little twangy good for classic rock and blues as far as metal goes you would probably be fine but you might not get a traditional sound. The tuners are ok
I've found that once you break in the tuners they get to hold their tune a little bit better. It is probably better to get new tuners but not absolutely necessary
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Man, are you really gonna need that humbucker in the bridge in the future? Ask yourself that question. If you believe you are going to be playing with a lot of distortion and you are going to need that "punch", get the HSS (I would go for the highway strat). If not, I'd highly suggest to get a standard SSS. I tried a hot rail recently and I completely fell in love with it. You get more punch on it than what you would get with a single coil, but it will still have that "raw" strat bridge distortion.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI