lol on ebay i found these cheap guitars for like 99.99 but i'm not even sure if it's like durable or anything because it looks awesome for such a cheap price... I don't think its part of a brand

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BLACK-FLYING-V-6-STRING-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-WITH-CASE_W0QQitemZ350276481955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item518e1af3a3

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-6-STRING-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-LP-CHERRY-SUNBURST_W0QQitemZ290367834134QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item439b458816

What do you think?
I wouldn't trust it. Specially since they found pictures of the guitar online, rather than uploading one they took of it.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
I wouldn't trust it. Specially since they found pictures of the guitar online, rather than uploading one they took of it.

ic and I also found that brand is called stedman pro is that a good brand?
Good for shits and giggles and the occasional lighting on fire, anything else and it's a lost cause.
Might be worth it if you want a project guitar.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Ok, i don't have a guitar and much money, I'm probably gonna get a job during the summer, should I buy this guitar to last me until i get a job? which may take from like couple of months until a year? I have like 150$
keep saving, it will pay off since (a) you shouldn't outgrow it as such, (b) will have some resale value.

if you want to go cheap and good make sure the thing is made of decent wood; it's really fundamental.

I quite like Danelectro guitars and you can get them for a great price (they're inexpensive but not cheap, if you know what i mean).
Quote by Mad Mike 829
Might be worth it if you want a project guitar.

Or a car guitar!
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
also what would be better a like les paul stedman pro or ibanez grx20
Quote by Duv
keep saving, it will pay off since (a) you shouldn't outgrow it as such, (b) will have some resale value.

if you want to go cheap and good make sure the thing is made of decent wood; it's really fundamental.

I quite like Danelectro guitars and you can get them for a great price (they're inexpensive but not cheap, if you know what i mean).

ok, but I don't get much money, and I don't have job yet
Quote by j37h307
Or a car guitar!

Hey, that thing plays amazing
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
i also keep forgetting to mention that I don't have a guitar and I want one I haven't played in several months and i'm kinda a beginner
A les paul has a thicker body and neck so it will give a better sustain. Some people say it can be hard to play some of those higher frets, but after a while they get easy hit. The one you have listed has volume and tone controls for both pick-ups so I bet you can get a lot of nice sounds out of it.
I have never played a "v" though.

eDit: if were you I would try to save a little more money and get something a little better than a $90 guitar.
Last edited by redneckrebel at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by redneckrebel
A les paul has a thicker body and neck so it will give a better sustain. Some people say it can be hard to play some of those higher frets, but after a while they get easy hit. The one you have listed has volume and tone controls for both pick-ups so I bet you can get a lot of nice sounds out of it.
I have never played a "v" though.

eDit: if were you I would try to save a little more money and get something a little better than a $90 guitar.

but I don't have a guitar at the moment and I'm still like a half beginner I can play chords and shit but cant solo for my life. So I think i need a new practice guitar for a lil bit until I settle with a job im 16 and i want money

So I still shouldnt buy it?
Well... Do you know if you like playing guitar? Or is this kind of like an experiment to see if you enjoy playing?
If you don;t know if you like playing guitar, then I would go for the les paul copy. Only because that floating bridge on the V is going to give you nothing but trouble.
But if you know that you like to play, Save up more money and get an Ibanez RG321mh. Best guitar for the price IMO. $300. I sold mine and it is my biggest regret in my guitar playing career. Thinkin about getting another one day.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
I love playing guitar even though i not that good yet, but I can't get 350 dollars soon it'd take me ages to get that kind of money
I can't say whether they are good or bad for the money. Guitars like that you need to try first. I stick with guitars I have had some experience with. Rondo Music has some decent inexpensive guitar by SX, Douglas and Agile. I have enough confidence in Rondo that I could order a guitar thru them and basically know it will be decent. I have been very surprised at some of the less expensive brands like Jay Turser, Raven West, Stellar, Dillion and Xavier. All good felling quality instruments with decent pups.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I can't say whether they are good or bad for the money. Guitars like that you need to try first. I stick with guitars I have had some experience with. Rondo Music has some decent inexpensive guitar by SX, Douglas and Agile. I have enough confidence in Rondo that I could order a guitar thru them and basically know it will be decent. I have been very surprised at some of the less expensive brands like Jay Turser, Raven West, Stellar, Dillion and Xavier. All good felling quality instruments with decent pups.

John

I see, I'm gonna check that site out and if i order a guitar ill make sure if i dont like it ill send it back.

I'm liking the Douglas V's they have i might get that instead.
Last edited by javori at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by johnro6659

John

This man speaks the truth!

I wouldn't go with a random ebay knockoff you could get burned. There are plenty of companies that offer nice guitars for not so much money. My favorites are anything from Rondomusic.com, Douglas, Agile, and SX. I have a SX les paul junior and it cost me about 120 bucks used and it rocks. I've made a few mods to upgrade a bit but the guitar stock is not bad at all, usable for sure.

Here you want a good guitar for cheap, check this out
http://www.rondomusic.com/sst57pblue.html

EDIT: I would caution against a V as a first guitar, they are hard to sit with. You have to put the fins in between your legs and output jack could cause the the cable to dig into your leg. I think you should start with something like a Les Paul
check this out
http://www.rondomusic.com/shadowwt.html
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Last edited by SkaJon at Nov 14, 2009,
Ok, I'll start with a les paul, thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna get a job and buy a better guitar after this I love yu guys
Quote by javori
Ok, I'll start with a les paul, thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna get a job and buy a better guitar after this I love yu guys

Good choice man. Grab one of those Douglas Shadows and get it setup by a tech at music store and I bet you'll keep that guitar for a long time. Some of the guys over at agile guitar forum love Douglas. One more question what kind of amp are you planning on getting?
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Thanks, I actually tried this model out a few weeks ago.

http://www.rondomusic.com/octaniswh.html

It was used and upgraded with a set of Guitar Fetish pups and Fender tuners it sounded great and felt very good but I had to pass because I showed up at the guys house several minutes before some young kid did and he really wanted the guitar. I couldn't break the kids heart the look on his face when the guy said well John got here first was just sad. His mom couldn't thank me enough. The kid was pretty good I'm an old school guitarist this kid could shred like a pro and he was like 11. It was a great deal for $80.00 and I hope the kid enjoys it.

John
Hmm... an amp i havent settled on, I was gonna go to my closest music store and check out the amps there and get one for my favourite type of music that being nu-metal or Heavy Metal. Also what do you mean my setup, it comes in pieces? o_O

John you are a nice guy
Quote by javori
Hmm... an amp i havent settled on, I was gonna go to my closest music store and check out the amps there and get one for my favourite type of music that being nu-metal or Heavy Metal. Also what do you mean my setup, it comes in pieces? o_O

John you are a nice guy

For metal on a budget look at the Roland Micro Cube or any other Cube series, you'll love the R-ifier channel, hot and heavy for sure!

Javori- the guitar comes assembled, so don't freak out. A set up is a series of adjustments you make to the guitar's mechanical parts to help you feel more comfortable with the guitar. Such things as string height, neck bow, etc, etc. If you don't know to do this you should take it to a professional guitar tech at a guitar shop, it'll cost ya like 40 bucks but it's well worth it for a good set up, it could make or break your playing. So save up some cash for the setup or beg your parents, tell them it's important to the guitar, it's like maintenance.
Good Luck!
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by SkaJon
For metal on a budget look at the Roland Micro Cube or any other Cube series, you'll love the R-ifier channel, hot and heavy for sure!

Javori- the guitar comes assembled, so don't freak out. A set up is a series of adjustments you make to the guitar's mechanical parts to help you feel more comfortable with the guitar. Such things as string height, neck bow, etc, etc. If you don't know to do this you should take it to a professional guitar tech at a guitar shop, it'll cost ya like 40 bucks but it's well worth it for a good set up, it could make or break your playing. So save up some cash for the setup or beg your parents, tell them it's important to the guitar, it's like maintenance.
Good Luck!

OHHHH ok!! thanks for all the help
There are some good cheap guitars out there. If you find out about a decent forgotten brand you may be able to get a decent guitar for under $200. Then again, It may just end up being a project guitar. That isn't bad though if you're into it... And I am. I'm going to buy a lot of cheap guitars to practice on.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Javori when you get the guitar take it to a tech and tell him you are a beginner and need a low action setup and some new strings. Trust me factory strings suck! Most of the time they come rusty already not what you want!
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R