Poll Options
View poll results: Which style bag?
Normal Backpack / Rucksack
143 67%
Messenger
69 33%
Voters: 212.
Page 1 of 2
Well, it's come to the point where my bag for school is delapidated and is starting to fall apart

I will be in the market for a new bag soon and wanted to get the Pit's "awesome" opinion on something: Messenger bags or a normal backpack? I've always wanted a messenger bag but are they impractical?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Messenger bag if you're a scene hipster Or if you dont want to look like a douche, get a normal backpack
Quote by 1201ZJ
FoolishFool, you sir, are a genius. A ****ing genius, I tell you.
Backpack, please.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by FoolishFool
Messenger bag if you're a scene hipster Or if you dont want to look like a douche, get a normal backpack

I'm actually looking at a military grade canvas messenger bag with a huge Iron Cross on it.

Ambercombie & Fitch, move out the way!
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by MelodicSlap
what is a messenger bag?

this, pics... NAO!

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
this, pics... NAO!

Delivered.

I have both a messenger bag and a backpack. I use the messenger bag if I'm walking or using public transport and the backpack if I'm cycling. I also use the backpack if I have to do some serious traveling because it holds more.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 14, 2009,
Quote by IDread
Delivered.

Why thank you, I'd go with a messenger bag then, I have one myself, they look better i'd say

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Backpack.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
a messenger bag won't be very good if you have to carry a lot of textbooks. They are a lot easier to haul around though if you don't need to carry that much at any given time.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by no.mop
Backpack.

Statement= approved
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
a messenger bag won't be very good if you have to carry a lot of textbooks. They are a lot easier to haul around though if you don't need to carry that much at any given time.

In my experience messenger bags are better for that kind of thing. It could be because I was wearing it wrong but when I was still at college I used a backpack and it gave me crippling back pain. I replaced it with a messenger bag and it became much easier.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Sure get a Backpack if you want to look like a NERD.

but they both have their advantages, a bit like an RPG.
Would Class BackPack as a Nord and a Messenger bag as a Khajiit.
-no sig-
Messenger bag certainly, but that's only because I was given a leather one for my birthday.
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
Quote by IDread
In my experience messenger bags are better for that kind of thing. It could be because I was wearing it wrong but when I was still at college I used a backpack and it gave me crippling back pain. I replaced it with a messenger bag and it became much easier.

It really depends, messenger bags don't generally have room for the full load of textbooks that you would have to carry at a given time if you where in highschool, where you tend to have to bring most of your books home with you every day, they work better in college though since you normally only have to carry materials for one or two classes at a time, I can't image hauling four textbooks in anything other than a backpack.

Last.fm
I cannot stand messenger bags. The only time I'll use one is if I am riding a bike. I don't know why, but book bags just sort of throw my center of balance off when I ride with one.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Le_Bunny
Depends. If you're a senior you're more likely to need the practicality of a backpack as your books are likely to be numerous and heavy. If that's not the case, a messenger bag would be good if you're into that sort of thing.

I am a senior, but I do 3 hours of supervised study after school in the school library, so I have all my homework done and alot of studying done before it ends, and I have a chance to put all my books into my locker. Atm, my bag is incredibly light.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It really depends, messenger bags don't generally have room for the full load of textbooks that you would have to carry at a given time if you where in highschool, where you tend to have to bring most of your books home with you every day, they work better in college though since you normally only have to carry materials for one or two classes at a time, I can't image hauling four textbooks in anything other than a backpack.

Did I mention that by college I mean the equivilent of highschool? I'm from Britain you see.
A lot of days I had to haul several rather large textbooks as well as two (usually rather thick) novels plus my bible.
In hindsight I probably should have paid the £5 for a locker.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Did I mention that by college I mean the equivilent of highschool? I'm from Britain you see.
A lot of days I had to haul several rather large textbooks as well as two (usually rather thick) novels plus my bible.

A bible and £5 fee for lockers? duuuude, that's rough
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by IDread

You where probably wearing the backpack wrong, because carrying that much crap in a backpack is normally way easier than using a messenger bag.

Last.fm
Quote by KirkMetallica
A bible and £5 fee for lockers? duuuude, that's rough

Although the bible did come in handy for religious studies and philosophy, I carried it out of choice rather than because I needed it for college.
I still do carry one almost everywhere.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
You where probably wearing the backpack wrong, because carrying that much crap in a backpack is normally way easier than using a messenger bag.

Maybe I was but I tried almost every way of wearing a backpack that you can think of and the messenger bag was still better.
It was also much more convenient on the bus since I didn't have to go through the often complicated precedure of removing it on a packed bus.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 14, 2009,
I have a messanger bag, and it chafes my leg after walking in the hallways for a while. Then again, backpacks might hurt your back.

Get a suitcase.
Quote by aig91
Messenger bag.

Supermod approves, eh?
Bertolt Bretcht

It depends what I'm carrying. I have a few Tumi messengers I use if I'm packing light and a Lowepro backpack that will carry my Macbook and all of my photography equipment.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Only girls can pull off messenger bags, imo. Guys look like total tools when using them (unless its an over-the-shoulder briefcase and they have an office job).
MATTERHORN
I carry a messenger bag solely because my school doesn't allow backpacks. I would much prefer to carry a backpack.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Only girls can pull off messenger bags, imo. Guys look like total tools when using them (unless its an over-the-shoulder briefcase and they have an office job).

I would say that over the shoulder briefcases look a lot more stupid than messenger bags.

Quote by food1010
I carry a messenger bag solely because my school doesn't allow backpacks. I would much prefer to carry a backpack.

What exactly is their reasoning behind that?
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I would say that over the shoulder briefcases look a lot more stupid than messenger bags.

Uh, well, I guess it depends on your definition of "briefcase."

I don't mean something like this:

I mean something like this:

MATTERHORN
Quote by IDread
What exactly is their reasoning behind that?
Beats me. Our assistant principal went apeshit on us this year.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by KirkMetallica
Well, it's come to the point where my bag for school is delapidated and is starting to fall apart

I will be in the market for a new bag soon and wanted to get the Pit's "awesome" opinion on something: Messenger bags or a normal backpack? I've always wanted a messenger bag but are they impractical?

Where are hankerchief/stick, rolley bag, and briefcase? Those are where its at.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by aig91
I don't know if any super mods approve. But a column cleaner does.

Lol, wrong shade of red

Quote by Twist of fate
Dude, get a drawstring bag. They're chill and look athletic. Seriously, best thing I've done. DO NOT get messenger.

srsly?
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Twist of fate
Dude, get a drawstring bag. They're chill and look athletic. Seriously, best thing I've done. DO NOT get messenger.

I hope you're just trying to throw in some "bro humor"
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Page 1 of 2